Out my office window

by Kay~Kacey on 4/15/2005

okay, there are a lot of things I don’t like about my house. Like things keep breaking and need $$ to fix :sad: Let’s see…in the last year…off the top of my head.. New roof, waterheater, dishwasher, stovetop. Okay, so the house is 22 years old and these were all the originals….but still, wouldn’t you think they could die over a longer period of time?? You know, spread themselves out?

Which brings me to…what I LOVE about my house. The view out my office window. Now, my office is in an old converted screen porch off the noisy family room. We converted to an “all season room” :rofl: by putting up windows. Yes, very frigid in the winter even with a wall heater, and hot in the summer, even with a wall a/c unit. But the view. I mean really. Can you beat the view?? Looking out into the woods. A bird feeder. Love it. (And see my cool screened gazebo in the woods? Just made for laptop writing on a summer’s morning) Okay if you can show me your view of the ocean or the mountains right out your office, you win. But mine is pretty darn nice.

Out my Office Window

Amy K April 15, 2005 at 8:30 pm

Ahh, love all the green! My view out the window is…the next door neighbor’s house. Although I have a pretty good angle at the street, so I can watch the whole neighborhood’s comings and goings. Too bad this isn’t conducive to writing. :shakehead:

Olga April 16, 2005 at 12:24 am

Beautiful view, indeed!

Michelle April 16, 2005 at 6:00 am

What kind of tree is that, Kacey? It’s gorgeous!

kacey April 16, 2005 at 6:18 am

It’s a redbud tree, Michelle. It is pretty. And to the left (can’t see it in the picture) is a dogwood tree and a thistle feeder, so I get tons of bright yellow finches. We keep a mix of sunflower seeds and other seeds in the green feeder in the picture and get lots of cardinals and woodpeckers. Those of you who read Suzanne Mcminn’s blog will realize that Suzanne’s dad would hate my backyard :mrgreen:

Margery April 16, 2005 at 6:50 am

Love your view, Kacey. My view (if I open the blinds) is my neighbour’s bedroom window. I DO NOT want to see that! When I’m rich and famous, I’ll have an ocean view, or at least a lake :smile:

Larissa April 16, 2005 at 9:37 am

That is GORGEOUS! I get to look at a swamp. :wallbash:

Jill April 16, 2005 at 11:29 am

Hey, LOVE your view!

Suzanne April 16, 2005 at 5:10 pm

That’s beautiful, Kacey!!!! I love that! What I love about our yard since we moved to North Carolina is that we have WOODS!

Mary April 16, 2005 at 9:51 pm

What a pretty porch, and a great place to write.:grin:

Vicki April 17, 2005 at 8:57 am

That’s a fabulous view, Kacey!

LauraP April 18, 2005 at 10:37 am

Love the redbud tree. So pretty.

kacey April 18, 2005 at 12:59 pm

Hey Laura! How’ve you been? Yes, the redbud is so pretty. We have two dogwoods back there too. I love my backyard this time of year.