Unusual Gifts

by Kay~Kacey on 6/4/2005

So my dh gives me some unusual gifts. Most of the time for no reason, which is my favorite kind of gift! :love: Okay, so he’s a lousy secret keeper –not a bad trait in a dh :wink: so usually if he buys me something hoping to save it for my birthday or whatever, he’s too excited about it and finds a reason to give it to me early. I get gifts from him for the strangest reasons … :crazy2:

Anyway, here is my spinner thingie…I’m sure there’s a more technical term. When the light hits the little black squares they twirl around throwing cool reflections in the room. Very cool.

spinner

So what unusual gift has your dh, significant other, mom, sister–anyone–given you??

Suzanne June 4, 2005 at 3:23 pm

Ooh, that is so cool! I can’t tell you the things my husband gives me. It would be against RWA’s graphical standards and they would blow your site up. :angry:

Megan June 4, 2005 at 7:03 pm

The coolest thing my husband ever got me was some books from Amazon, which doesn’t sound so amazing, actually, except he found my wish list, delved deeper, and got me some books I wanted but also some I didn’t know about but were PERFECT for me. He got me The Gallows Thief by Bernard Cornwell, which got me reading Cornwell, which has been great, especially since the man writes at Nora Roberts’ speed, and is still alive, so I will never run out of his books. So yay!

Megan
PS: That’s a boring gift, I know, but it was so thoughtful I sniffled a little.

Kelly June 4, 2005 at 8:07 pm

Your spinner gift is so pretty!

Um, unusual gift. The latest would be that my hubby took me to a Borders for the first time a few months ago, with no kiddies, and planted money in my hand and let me at the place for as long as I wanted. :love:

Melissa Marsh June 4, 2005 at 9:21 pm

A bird. Two days after I gave birth to my first child, my husband gave me a bird for my Mother’s Day present. I was not happy. To me, it was just one more thing to take care of. :wallbash:

Love the spinner! Very unique. I don’t think I’v ever seen one like that.

kacey June 4, 2005 at 9:37 pm

Suzanne, those presents sound fun :crazy2:

Megan, that’s cool when a male actually THINKS about what would be a nice gift, isn’t it? :mrgreen: (I did the smilie JUST for you, ’cause I know you like emoticons so much…)

Kelly, a trip to borders for as long as you want, and money in your hot little hand. What’s not to love about that gift!

Melissa! LOL, just one more thing to deal with, huh?

Teresa June 4, 2005 at 10:04 pm

My husband tries. For Christmas in my stocking were pens. I love pens, and he hates it that I have so many, but he bought me more because he knows how much I love them. And books. He finds me the rarest oddest books.:love:

Michelle June 5, 2005 at 5:26 am

Mine doesn’t do unusual gifts…he’s an engineer. But he does bring me flowers for no reason, that that’s wonderful. :bath:

Mary June 5, 2005 at 9:17 am

Unusual gifts? Husbands are supposed to give gifts??? Hey, Rickie, you got some “splanning” to do!

Rene June 5, 2005 at 10:12 am

My dh buys the worst presents. But one year for Valentine’s Day he got me a bottle of Dom Perignon. My mom is a good gift buyer, she seems to be able to find the right gifts for the right person. She gave me silpats one year (they are the silicon liners for cookie sheets that eliminate sticking in your baking, they are awesome). I was excited and the rest of the family looked at me as if I had a screw loose.

Jill June 5, 2005 at 10:39 am

Love your gift, it’s beautiful.

Jill June 5, 2005 at 10:40 am

I should add that my husband is a random gift giver, nothing big but always welcome, though I don’t think he’s ever managed to wrap a thing.

Tori June 5, 2005 at 12:10 pm

This is sad. :sad: I can’t think of anything!

LauraP June 5, 2005 at 4:39 pm

I love the spinner. Too cool!

Most unusual gift? Maybe the manure fork the dh got for my birthday one year – which was exactly the one I’d been looking for. The bronze see-no-evil monkey lamp from my son. The verdigris finish happy pig from my sister. Or the verdigris finish frog waiter candlestick — my family gets my odd sense of humor.

Steph T. June 5, 2005 at 7:27 pm

Your spinny-thing is pretty.

I can’t think of any really unusual gifts, but my husband always takes care of my daughter for as much of the weekend as he can so I can write.:wink:

Larissa June 6, 2005 at 8:21 am

I love the spinner thing! My husband usually gives me really good gifts, but nothing unusual. I think the most unusual thing he ever gave me was a water barometer, but since my job has always been in weather, it’s not exactly a strange gift! :smile: