A Series of Unfortunate Events

by Kay~Kacey on 7/15/2005

So we usually go to New Orleans in September for a big dental conference so the dh can get his continuing ed.

Cafe Du Monde

(click on picture if you’re craving a larger view and wishing you were here sipping chicory coffee and snacking on beignets)

So last year Hurricane Ivan went through right when the conference was supposed to be…so they evacuated New Orleans and cancelled the conference. We spent 3 days in Kansas City instead… :frown:

So this year, as we’re making plans to go to the conference, we decide to add a few days on our vacation time and rent a condo at Fort Walton Beach in Florida before the conference. Yep, the one that got hit with Hurricane Dennis just last week… :roll:

So, if anyone wants disaster to strike…just ask us to book a vacation there. Okay?? :wtf:

Melissa July 15, 2005 at 10:23 am

Ooh, I love New Orleans. I want to go back someday and visit this cool little bookstore we found down in the French Quarter.

Kelly =) July 15, 2005 at 11:04 am

Never been to NO. Sounds so eccentric and lively! Good luck with your vacation, fingers crossed everything goes well!

Tori July 15, 2005 at 11:44 am

I’ve never been to New Orleans. In fact, the only place in Louisiana I’ve been is my uncle’s in Lake Charles. (He’s the one with the race horses.)

Teresa July 15, 2005 at 1:45 pm

Oh no. You poor thing. I’ve always wanted to go to New Orleans. Maybe one day.

Suzanne July 15, 2005 at 2:41 pm

Ack. Maybe it’s not that bad there. At least the hurricane is already over! It might even be deserted, quiet.

Jill July 15, 2005 at 4:33 pm

Hmmm. Wonder what could happen in Reno …

Steph T. July 15, 2005 at 4:49 pm

I’m dying to go to New Orleans again. So much fun.

But yeah – like Jill said – Watch Out Reno!!:rofl:

kacey July 15, 2005 at 9:06 pm

hm…I hadn’t thought that Reno should be afraid now. VERY afraid… Freak high summer ice storm or something???

Rene July 16, 2005 at 12:08 am

Oh, maybe you could come to Los Angeles. We could finally have THE BIG ONE and I could end up with beacfront property.:lol:

Lory July 16, 2005 at 12:12 am

I just found your site but will have to visit often!
I love New Orleans! I lived there for 7 years and just got to go back for a quick visit recently. We stayed through Cindy but got back out of town before Dennis could get too close! I hope you are able to go and enjoy the Big Easy this year!

kacey July 16, 2005 at 9:08 am

Lory, thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope we make it to New Orleans this year too. One of our favorite places. My dh used to live outside New Orleans, so he knows all the out of the way places to go to.

Olga July 16, 2005 at 5:06 pm

I’ve never been to New Orleans, if not to count passing through. Heard a lot about it, though — well, who didn’t? Have fun at the conference and at the Florida beach, and I hope the disaster won’t strike!

Mary July 17, 2005 at 7:43 am

I love Ft. Walton Beach. It’s fab. You’ll be fine. Although I think there’s a big prison there.

Tori July 17, 2005 at 2:21 pm

Hey, do you think I should warn my uncle and cousins that you’re coming to Reno, Kacey? :rofl: