Lets talk Pens

by Kay~Kacey on 7/17/2005

Yes, I’m a pen slut. Seriously. My favorite pen is the Mont Blanc I swiped borrowed from my dh :secret: DON’T TELL HIM! But I can’t have it with me everywhere, and I do like to mark up my manuscripts in color. So, tell me your favorite pen. Mine used to be a uniball vision exact. But I either can’t find them anymore, or they’re different now. I need smooth rolling ink. No skipping.

Do do you have a certain kind of pen you like to use? Or do you just pick up any old one that you find? Does it have to be a certain color? (I HATE blue ink…)

See I told you I was nuts. Let’s talk pens! (I love the office supply store :love: )

Crystal* July 17, 2005 at 6:30 pm

Mmmmmmmm. Office supplies. Oh man. :love:
Hm. Let’s see. I have a Joe Boxer cup that was a gift from coworkers. I put my special pen in there. I’m usually a 10 for a $1 Bic Chick. Ya know. It’s because the kids are constantly swiping them.
Lo and behold… I spent about $10 to get a Pierre Cardin pen which NO ONE touches but Mama. It’s red with silver filigree. Black ink. And it’s MINE. ALL MINE!
Grins*

Mary July 17, 2005 at 6:42 pm

I love the gel Dr. Grip. I used to use the Uniball, too, but I like the fatter pen.

Rene July 17, 2005 at 7:21 pm

I used to be particular about my pens until, like Crystal, my darn children got ahold of them. I perfer the uniball or the gel’s. I only like micro point. However, I am grateful for anything that doesn’t say “Crayola” on the side. I keep a box of 99 cent store pens in my car. When I make my first sale, the first thing I’m going to do is go down to Costco and get me a Mont Blanc pen to sign my contract with.

Steph T. July 18, 2005 at 2:03 am

Oh – I blogged about this a while ago too! LOVE PENS! My favorite is the pilot v-ball in ultra fine. No skipping or leaking. Comes in all colors, but I prefer black. I did just buy purple for editing.:love:

I could LIVE in an office supply store. In honor of your post, I might have to head out to Staples. Or Staples.com, since I hate RL shopping…:rofl:

Margery July 18, 2005 at 4:56 am

Hmm, I feel so left out :sad: I use a pencil to edit (because I can’t make up my mind and I erase a lot!). I do love teal-coloured ink, but I’m not that anal that I can’t work without it.

Katie July 18, 2005 at 6:43 am

:mrgreen: I like my pens with Green ink. I feel so young and carefree and powerful in green ink for some reason. :mrgreen:

kacey July 18, 2005 at 6:50 am

Rene! Love your idea about getting a Mont Blanc pen to sign your contrat! :beer: Hm, maybe I’ll do the same thing and the dh can have his back :mrgreen:

Katie, isn’t it funny how certain colors of pens are just so RIGHT for you!

I can so relate to kids/people swiping your pens. (I know, I know, I took my dh’s …but I digress…) I buy the cheapo pens to have around at work and at home. NO ONE is allowed to touch the pens in the mug on my desk. Even if it means they can’t find another pen ANYWHERE. (they are all males in my house you know. There’s a good chance ten pens are scattered all around them, and they can’t see a one of them. :roll: )

Suzanne July 18, 2005 at 7:19 am

I love pens. I always use blue ink. I like the plain Bic pens. I get very upset if someone takes my pens. Which happens daily.

Mary July 18, 2005 at 7:27 am

I’m a pen whore because I’ll use anything I can get my hands on. I have to lift my quality.:oops:

Kelly July 18, 2005 at 7:39 am

Ooohhh the office supply store. It’s my second favorite happy place next to chapters and my office is right next door to one. It’s almost painful. TO my bank account anyway. As for pens, the finer tip the better. My current favorite is GT Roundedge fine point. It writes like a dream. :coffee:

Emma S July 18, 2005 at 9:14 am

So writing and being an office supply whore seems to go hand in hand. Must share a gene or something.

I love my red felt tip marker for crossing things off my to-do list, as well as my ultra fine point black sharpie, but for writing, I prefer medium point, blue ink.

Melissa July 18, 2005 at 10:03 am

When I used to write in pen, I HAD to have blue ink. Black was too depressing. And I had a special pen that I used – nothin fancy, just a plain ol’ Bic.
Office supply stores – oh wow. I could go NUTS in one of them. I LOVE paper and pens and post its and…the list goes on!:crazy2:

Kelly =) July 18, 2005 at 11:04 am

I love office supplie stores, too! I go in and wish I could really be this organized! LOL! I don’t have a particular favorite pen because my pens disappear like crazy and I can never find then when I need them, so yeah, I pick up anything I can get my fingers on. :wink:

Tori July 18, 2005 at 11:52 am

My name is Tori and I’m an office supply junkie. Love love LOVE the office supply store, even if it’s only online. :)

Pens. Papermate Flexigrip Ultra, medium point, purple ink (for writing purple prose? :rofl:). I don’t like to write with anything else.

Cece July 18, 2005 at 1:00 pm

I’m a sticky note slut! I LURVEEEEEEEEEEE Sticky notes. Oh where was i? Pens. Yes I have a fave! A Sanford UNibal Gel Impact :love:

Jill July 18, 2005 at 3:38 pm

As I have previously stated in blogworld, I am a complete office supply slut. Pens, paper, shit I don’t need, anything shiny … but especially pens. Now if only this weird character trait came with organizational skills, but no. None.

Amy K July 18, 2005 at 7:54 pm

I love Roseart X500 ballpoints. And no, I don’t always use them. I like a variety of colors…I get bored easily. :love:

kacey July 19, 2005 at 6:14 am

it’s going to cost me a fortune to go out and buy all these pens you guys suggested. I MUST find a new favorite pen…:lips: well, I do have that Mont Blanc my dh thoughtfully “gifted” me :lol: