Hurricanes and Seat Ganks

by Kay~Kacey on 8/28/2005

So we’re supposed to go to New Orleans the week after Labor Day for a convention. Yes, the same one we were supposed to go to last year when they evacuated for hurricane Ivan. So…I suggest that no one plans a vacation to where ever I say I’m headed… And to you in the path of Hurricane Katrina, good luck and keep safe.

In other news…leather recliner Yes, we got a leather recliner for the dh this weekend. That means my new overstuffed chair is safe!

Though this whole two chair thing brought out an interesting lesson from my high schooler regarding “seat gank”. I just know I’m NOT getting OUT of MY CHAIR, ’cause I don’t want to be seat ganked :mad2:

Kelly C. August 28, 2005 at 10:26 pm

Very scary about Katrina…and so glad you both now have comfy chairs. :grin: I’m lucky to get a free spot on our couch.

StDebb August 28, 2005 at 10:30 pm

So what IS “seat gank?”

Debbie

Gina August 28, 2005 at 10:35 pm

That storm is so very scary. I’m glad you hadn’t already gone. So many tourists are stuck there right now.

Katie August 29, 2005 at 5:26 am

Seat gank is a new one for me! :book: Hmmm…..

Hope you get your vacation!

kacey August 29, 2005 at 6:03 am

Debbie (glad you survived Katrina on that side of the state). A seat gank is when you get up out of a coveted seat, someone slides in and steals it from you so you can’t have it back. Also done on the captain’s chair seats in the minivan :roll: And on the favorite big wooden chair at the end of the kitchen table… :mad2:

Mary August 29, 2005 at 7:35 am

How funny. I”ve never heard that term before. I learn so much from you Kacey.:lips:

Sharon August 29, 2005 at 2:31 pm

Forget the coast. Come to Oklahoma in Oct instead :mrgreen:

Melissa Marsh August 29, 2005 at 5:26 pm

I REALLY want one of those recliners…

Danica August 29, 2005 at 6:46 pm

Glad you missed the storm. You could come to Colorado. :)

kacey August 29, 2005 at 6:54 pm

Sharon…I’m actually thinking about the Tulsa conference. The dh might go visit his family there while I conference.

Danica…!! I LOVE ADORE and LOVE Colorado!! Now there’s an idea.

Michelle August 29, 2005 at 6:55 pm

Never heard the term before. Ah, learn something new every day. Love the chair!! :love:

Lory August 29, 2005 at 9:23 pm

I’ve never heard this term either. See? I may not be writing at the present moment but I’m learning. It’s good to be edumukated.:wink:
I’m so sorry it may not work out to get to N.O. two years in a row. I love that city but nobody is getting back in any time soon. Wouldn’t me much of a vacation there any time soon, either.:shakehead:
(((Hugs)))You must be destined to go somewhere more exotic. Like Colorado.:grin:

Suzanne August 31, 2005 at 8:02 am

I’ve never heard of seat ganking but if it means someone gets my chair, it’s not happening here or heads will roll.:mad2: