Further Seat Gank Education

by Kay~Kacey on 8/29/2005

okay, to further your seat gank education . . . (see yesterday’s post)

If you get out of your seat and say “seat check” or “spot back” it reserves your seat. I’m thinking of hanging a permanent “seat check” sign on my chair. What do you think?? :coffee:

Do your kids have any weird saying that you need a translator to figure out what they’re actually saying? My one son used to say f*cky feet. That was Frosted Flakes. Go figure :crazy2:

Amy K August 29, 2005 at 8:41 pm

My kids aren’t old enough for slang or sayings like that…everything amusing that comes out of their mouths is innocent. Or not so innocent. (Like the time the 3yo damned the pizza place.)

Mary August 30, 2005 at 8:59 am

Oh, now I know. I love slang!!

Katie August 30, 2005 at 10:10 am

It isn’t slang, but once when my dh was trying futily to put something together, :wallbash: our oldest son suggested heread the destructions next time. We stil call all instruction pamplets ‘destructions’. Seems oddly fitting.

Tori August 30, 2005 at 10:30 am

Sounds like a plan to me!

Lory August 30, 2005 at 10:57 am

Well…my son is still calling Sloppy Joe sandwiches “Swappy Jacks!”:lol:
Otherwise, they have lots of non-words they use but they get those from their Dad. The latest: (an endearing name to call someone): schmukalubbage.

Kelly C. August 30, 2005 at 11:11 am

Actually, both my kiddies have little speech issues, and it’s a real puzzle trying to figure out some of the new things they are saying. But it’s a real crack-up when they pop out of the blue and say, “Okay, lady.”

Danica August 30, 2005 at 4:09 pm

My favorite one was “F*ck” which of course, meant Fire Truck.

And then there’s apocalypse (waffles eaten directly out of the freezer). The older one loved apocalypse so much, she wanted that as the baby’s name. Oh little did she know how prophetic that would be…

Michelle August 30, 2005 at 6:55 pm

My son says, “Magic-keens.” Translation: Magazines. :rofl:

Margery Scott August 31, 2005 at 7:39 am

My son used to say “boney car”, which we later discovered was his way of saying Volkswagen. We suspect it came from my Scottish mother who used to say “isn’t that a bonnie car?” when the neighbour’s Volkswagen went by.

Suzanne August 31, 2005 at 8:01 am

LOL on f*cky feet!!

Sharon August 31, 2005 at 10:33 am

Not exactly a translator, but one of my favorite things my youngest would say is “berry footed” meaning barefooted.