New Kitties!

by Kay~Kacey on 9/20/2005

There is a cat back in my house, all is right with my world. Well, actually, two new kitties. We got them this weekend at the adopt-a-thon they had city wide. From the Humane Society. A girl and boy. Aren’t they cute??? new kitties

Now, I’m getting a LOT of help with names…
Black and White (notice they are both black)
Fast and Furious
Frick and Frack (sp?)
One and Two
Pink and Green (the color of their collars…)

Watching Dinner

“Pink” has discovered the fish tank…
round and round

“Green” has discovered hours of fun with the ball in the ring toy.

And there are more great names suggested:
(nasty male suggestion) never mind :mrgreen:
Home and Depot :roll:
Steak and Shake
TC and TOC (The Cat, and The Other Cat)

Needless to say, the kitties don’t have names yet…

Gina September 21, 2005 at 3:24 am

How adorable! I have two cats myself in the house. The newest being a 7 month old kitten. They are so cute and adorable but oh so very bad at this age.

Teresa September 21, 2005 at 7:29 am

They’re sooooooo cute, Kacey! Congrats on your new “babies” :mrgreen: Ours love the ball in the ring thing too :smile:

I personally like Frick and Frack! Of course, I still think the best cat names ever were those of my father in law’s 70s cats – Toke and Papers :wink:

Le Ellis September 21, 2005 at 7:46 am

Too cute! Congrats on the babies. I love thinking up names. Have fun! We have a white lab named Liberty. I really want a black one (my husband says no way) named Justice. And my son decided we need a third (we all say no way) called Forall.

Mary September 21, 2005 at 8:10 am

How about naming them after writers? Or car parts? That’s what we did.

Peggy September 21, 2005 at 8:28 am

We’ve named pets after favourite drinks (Whisky and Sherry), cartoon characters (Mickie and Minnie), month we got them (August), spices (Pepper and Ginger), singers (Ozzie), states (Dakota), books (Reid). Yes, we’ve had tons of pets! Good luck! :-)

Cece September 21, 2005 at 8:52 am

Aw what sweet babies!!!!! I like Steak n Shake :rofl:

Nat was named after a singer and Ham was named when we got him but we call him Haminator now

Sharon September 21, 2005 at 8:56 am

OMG I LOVE kitties. They’re so cute! Nothing sweeter than a kitten :love:

Melissa September 21, 2005 at 9:20 am

Ohhh, what sweethearts! I like Fast and Furious myself. :grin:

Kelly September 21, 2005 at 9:40 am

How about Larry and Mo? :crazy2:

Emma S September 21, 2005 at 10:16 am

They’re so cute! It kills me to be allergic.

I had fish named One Fish and Two Fish so I’m kind of parial to TC And TOC (you could call them Tic and Tock).

Tori September 21, 2005 at 11:50 am

They’re so cute! I like Steak & Shake and Frick & Frack myself. :rofl:

Let’s see… I love coming up with names…

Abbott & Costello
Adam & Eve :lol:
Archie & Veronica
Bacon & Eggs
Barnum & Bailey

I got some of these from googling “pet names” and finding Bowwow.com. :)

LauraP September 21, 2005 at 3:08 pm

Adorable kitties! We used to have Hickory, Dickory, & Doc for barn cats. Corny, huh?

Margery Scott September 21, 2005 at 5:07 pm

Congrats, Kacey. My niece’s two cats are named Laverne and Shirley :smile:

Lory September 21, 2005 at 10:23 pm

Adorable!!! I’m allergic too :frown: but that really only bothers me when I see really cute little kittens like yours!!
Maybe give it a few days and see who they are. We have had dogs: Patience (if ever a name was perfect for someone, human or animal!!), Smooch (not so perfect–I thought the name cute but she was much more into biting…), Brandy (same color, pretty easygoing but could really mix things up when he wanted to!) and Oreo (a black dog with a white tummy who loved mischief–Oh–Oh–Oreo was a perfect name for her).

Good luck. Yin and Yang? Wonder Twins?
:blah:

Suzanne September 22, 2005 at 5:45 am

They are so adorable! I think you should call them Cute and Cuter!

Teresa September 22, 2005 at 7:09 am

Kacey – me again. How about Nick and Nora? After the couple in The Thin Man books/movies.

Amy K September 22, 2005 at 9:33 am

Aww, they’re so cute! One of my cats is all black too. He was cute as a kitten as well. Now he’s a big dumb male cat. :shakehead:

Danica September 22, 2005 at 5:29 pm

How terribly cute!! My friend has cats named Frick and Frack. :)

I like naming after patterns. My kids have a pattern to their names, and so do my animals. Well, my current animal and the animals I plan on getting. :) They have to fit, you know?

Teresa September 22, 2005 at 6:58 pm

How cute!! I love em! One the names we went through list after list until we decided. Can’t wait to hear what you decide.

Michelle September 23, 2005 at 6:08 am

Darling kitties! As for possible names related to writing, you could do:

Goal and Conflict
Plotter and Pantser
Fact and Fiction
:rofl:
Let us know what you decide!

Lyvvie September 24, 2005 at 10:26 am

They’re lovely!!! I so miss having cats. Darned allergic family. Not fair at all. :cursing:

I love the amber eyes on them. How about Amber and Toffee?

Good luck with the names choice. We had kittens when I was a teen, sisters, we named them Wilma and Betty; one was ginger and the other was grey so it really worked. Being black kitties, maybe black names like; Morticia and Lily?? Mehidabelle and Piawhacket??

ok I’m done.

Cat names, kitten names September 25, 2005 at 9:37 am

Oh my god, they are soo cute!! :smile:

Kacey, let me help for you to choose a names.
I just opened my site where you can find lots of
cat names, kitten names

The URL is http://www.cat-dog-names.com/cat-names.html

I collected cat names based on color, gender and other features.

I hope you will find a good names soon!

Best,
Odett France

Liz C. February 18, 2008 at 3:20 pm

I’ve got it! You could name them “Birdie” & “Bogie”, which happen to be 2 words I’d like to hear more during my golf game, LOL!

I love your blog!