Cars and other male stuff

by Kay~Kacey on 10/6/2005

So my son has had a flat tire TWO DAYS IN A ROW. This is getting old. Yesterday’s flat showed no puncture or anything. Probably hit a pothole, but the tire was ruined. Went ahead and put the winter tires on the car…he gets up today to ANOTHER FLAT. Have to deal with that, on top of the fact it’s a half day of school. Drive to school, pick up at noon, take back up to school at 3:00 to catch bus to cross country meet, pick back up at 6:30 or 7:00 pm when bus brings him back to school. And yes, even if I go to the meets, the coach makes them take the bus back to the school…so I still have that last trip to pick him up.

Forester

Now, onto more male car stuff. I’m becoming a male. No seriously. I’m in love with my new Subaru Forester. It’s cute. Zippy. Gets good gas mileage. And it ISN’T A MINIVAN! Yes, that’s a cow in the front window. Don’t ask. Well, okay, ask. We all have protect cows in our cars… Really, they work :mrgreen: (well, not against flat tires, obviously :roll: )

Shiny ShinyNow here comes the really sick part CRAZY part of this new car. I’ve washed and waxed it TWO TIMES already. Which is two times more than I’ve ever waxed a car in my life… :shock: Seriously, I’m becoming a male. I’ll probably grow a winkus (I’m NOT using the P word…I can’t imagine what my google search terms list would look like if I did that. I’m not going there…)

See how shiny it is? You can see the reflection of the sky !:mrgreen:

Now the other thing. I’m in my forties. Late forties. This is the FIRST car that I’ve ever picked out and bought for ME. EVER. That is just sad and wrong, and no doubt plays a big part in the reason I’m so crazy about it. I’ve always bought practical mom cars. Station wagon. Full size van. Minivans. But this one I loved, and I got it because I love it. Only took me 40 some odd years to get to this stage in my life.

Okay, enough male talk. We should really get back to writing talk…

EDITED to ADD: right after I posted this my dh called. His truck was broken down at the side of the road…would I come get him … :roll:

Tori October 6, 2005 at 11:02 am

I love your new car, Kacey! There’s nothing like having your very own new car, is there? Of course, I never had a brand spankin’ new car, but my Saturn was almost like brand new when I bought it. I miss it so much!

Rene October 6, 2005 at 11:13 am

I’m not sure that car stuff is strictly a male obsession. I love cars. My first new car was a stripped down Explorer. I was so excited when I got it and was devastated when it was stolen. We replaced it with a nicer, fancier Explorer but it didn’t have the same emotional tug that my old one did.

Amy K October 6, 2005 at 11:19 am

Maybe the car fetish has to do with your lack of stages to look forward to? Which makes me wonder if men are lacking any comprehension of all these stages we women spend time thinking about….

Kelly C. October 6, 2005 at 12:12 pm

It’s a beauty and it’s almost like mine. A smaller blazer, blue and good on gas. Very nice! Mine was so beautiful when it was new. It had the new car smell, very clean inside and out, but now its been lived in, big time.:grin:

Melissa October 6, 2005 at 4:51 pm

I love your car, Kacey! It looks like so much fun to drive. I really miss my Dodge Intrepid – I wrecked it last year and I still continue to mourn. :sad:

Le Ellis October 6, 2005 at 5:51 pm

Love the car, Kacey! My hubby got me a Jeep for our anniversary this summer. I love it! Finally I’m not driving a minivan! Now strange men, who are also driving Jeeps, nod as I drive past. My hubby says, we’re in the club. :) but I have not yet succumbed to washing and waxing. It is after all a Jeep. ;)

Gina October 6, 2005 at 5:51 pm

The cows need to start working better! The car looks great though!

Toni Lea Andrews October 6, 2005 at 6:22 pm

I love it when my friends buy new cars so I can drive them. I drive a 12 year old Toyota Corolla, and I keep seeing new cars I like…the new Maxima, for instance…and then I begin to chant my mantra: “Runs great…paid for…runs great…paid for…”:grin:

kacey October 6, 2005 at 6:29 pm

man, Toni, I miss that runs great, paid for chant. I had that until Big Red (the minivan) just kept dying on me and stranding me, and no one could figure out what was wrong with it.

Now I can say, runs great…stupid car payment :mad2:

Danica October 6, 2005 at 6:51 pm

NICE car!!! Congrats!!

Michelle October 6, 2005 at 7:41 pm

I can’t remember the last time I waxed my car. Oh yeah. At the car wash…paid someone else to do it. :beer:

Margery October 7, 2005 at 5:40 am

I’ve never washed and waxed a car in my life. Then again, I’ve never had a car JUST FOR ME! The car we bought last year was supposed to be mine, but somehow we ended up with the car dh decided I liked.:biteme:

Tess Harrison October 7, 2005 at 11:34 am

I love the new car! It’s very sassy!

And that stinks about all the males having car issues. Wonder if their cars are jealous of your nice new shiney one?

Suzanne October 7, 2005 at 1:19 pm

Wow, I love that car, too, Kacey!! It’s beautiful! I love the color, too!