Space the final frontier

by Kay~Kacey on 11/15/2006

Can a writer ever have enough bookcases??? :crazy2:

My wonderful dh just made these built in bookcases for our family room. Behold them empty and drool…
empty bookcase

Notice detail of nice crisp beadboard. Love it.
close up

Now I started filling it up with books. I still have LOTS more room!!
filling up bookcase

And now a close up of just a few of my writing books. I know, don’t say it, it’s an addiction a character flaw a minor weakness of mine…Just click on the image for a close up of the titles. Anyway, I’m one happer camper with all this new book space. And I haven’t even begin to fill them up!! :mrgreen:

click on picture for full size photo

LauraP November 15, 2006 at 7:22 pm

Beautiful shelves! I so love bookshelves. And the dh made them for you, what a clever man!

Suzanne November 16, 2006 at 9:11 am

::slobber::: They look GREAT!!!

Tori Lennox November 16, 2006 at 1:55 pm

Can a writer ever have enough bookcases???

No. :rofl:

I’m insanely jealous of both your very handy DH and your new bookcases!!! They’re absolutely beautiful!

LoryKC November 16, 2006 at 11:14 pm

Beautiful!!! I too, am jealous!
No…a writer can never have too many bookcases!
We keep talking/dreaming about built-ins in the next house! For now, we just buy various sizes of bookcases. They’re all full.
What luxury to have space on your bookshelf!
Start working on holiday wish lists to fill ‘em up!

Rene November 17, 2006 at 11:52 am

How cool. I look forward to the day I can kick my kids out of the house and change one of their rooms into a library. Actually, I’m going to kick one out of her room and upstairs. I will have dh make me some bookshelves that look just like yours.

Olga November 18, 2006 at 2:10 pm

Yay on the bookshelves. That was one great present from your dh!