Get Organized for 2008

by Kay~Kacey on 1/10/2008

So, I know, most people do this on , say, January 1. But I usually get around to it after the kids are headed back to college and life gets back to normal. Well, what passes for normal for my life anyway.

How to Get Organized

Clean DeskSo I cleaned off my desk. (no, that IS cleaned off)
CalendarI filled out my calendar and transfered in birthdays and such.
Organized BinderI started a binder for projects I’m working on, my websites, passwords, etc. The million dollar question is will I keep up with this as the year goes on. I guess we’ll find out.

Last of the Christmas DecorationsOh, and of course I found just a “few” more Christmas ornaments…Well at least it’s not March and I’m still finding them.

I used to be able to blame the mess on the kids. Now, it’s fairly obvious that it’s me. This year I swear I’m going to get organized. I’m going to declutter. I’m going to whip the house into shape. Anyone up for a declutter challenge?

Tori Lennox January 10, 2008 at 2:49 pm

I need to start decluttering/organizing so I can get my room redone. But what a nightmare!

Kacey January 10, 2008 at 6:57 pm

Tori, The worst is that stage you get at where you have stuff out every where, starting to organize, but it looks like a bomb went off!

Suzanne January 11, 2008 at 12:19 am

I’m just gonna move. I’ll leave the clutter here…. :mrgreen:

Melissa Marsh January 11, 2008 at 5:14 pm

I totally want the picture with the tea cup and the calendar. That is a great shot!

And am I seeing things or do you have two monitors?

Kacey January 11, 2008 at 6:52 pm

Melissa, the teacup was my grandmotther’s. I love it. :love: And I thought it was a great shot too.

I do have two monitors. Unfortunately I still have to run a PC to do the work I do for my dh’s company. It’s PC based. So I have an old PC on the floor (connected to that second monitor) and boot it up when I’m doing work for him.

I’ve converted to Mac for everything else though!

Maria January 11, 2008 at 9:12 pm

I thought I was the only disorganized blogger around. Glad to see I am not alone.

Thanks for visiting my blog, please come back again and I promise to drop by here, too.

LauraP January 11, 2008 at 9:47 pm

I’ll take you up on that declutter challenge. Office, house, barn . . . even the front pasture needs a good clean-out thanks to all the old farm junk left lying around by previous owners.

Kacey January 12, 2008 at 8:09 am

Maria, loved your blog!

Laura, I shudder to think of decluttering a barn…my house and garage are overwhelming enough!

LoryKC January 13, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Oh, my hubbie would LOVE it if I signed on for a decluttering challenge!! (He is the one usually cleaning up after me!) :roll: