Call Me When You Get There

by Kay~Kacey on 1/12/2008

Is this so very hard to do? Is this a complicated subject, too hard for the 20 something year old male to comprehend? “Call your mother when you get back to school.”

Call Your MotherSo I calculate how long it will take them to drive back to college. I give them an extra hour. I worry about calling THEM, because, you know… Don’t talk on the cellphone while you’re driving. I don’t ask much from my kids. A simple phone call letting me know they got back okay. Especially in bad weather.

They all came in town this weekend for a going away party for a friend. Do you think there is ANY chance that they’ll call on Sunday night when they get back home?

Call. Me. When. You. Get. There.

Tori Lennox January 12, 2008 at 10:16 am

I’ve often wondered why that’s so hard for some people to understand, too. It’s just common courtesy, in my opinion.

Melissa McClone January 12, 2008 at 4:20 pm

My kids are too little for cellphones, but they have a hard enough time remembering to hang up their jackets or taking a water bottle to school. I’ll be the one doing the calling when they’re older.

Kay Dennison January 12, 2008 at 11:33 pm

Y’

Kay Dennison January 12, 2008 at 11:38 pm

oops! Y’know you can teach kids manners and all that and they still ignore you. My dynamic duo were guilty, guilty, guilty of such when they were in college and they are still quilty. Do remember to give them what a friend and I call The Mother’s Curse: I hope you get a kid just like YOU, :rofl: Thanks for visiting me!

LauraP January 13, 2008 at 8:25 pm

Mine remember most of the time — it’s easier to appease me than deal with whatever embarassment I might devise in revenge. :twisted:

Kathleen January 16, 2008 at 2:13 pm

I know exactly how you feel about this, I have a son in college 3 1/2 hours away and always ask him to call me when he gets home. I worry when he doens’t call me in that time frame and then find out he stopped at a friends house, I feel like pulling my hair out!