Hopelessly Behind the Times

by Kay~Kacey on 1/15/2008

So, I freely admit, I’m not much of a TV watcher. I missed the whole Sex in the City thing when it was on HBO (we don’t get premium stations). It ran from 1998 through 2004…and I never saw an episode. I knew, but vaguely, that there was some girl who wore wildly flamboyant outfits and had lots of shoes. That was about my extent of knowledge about the show. But I started watching some of the reruns on TBS at night when I didn’t feel like reading before bed. I’m a bit disappointed that none of the characters on the show were happy with their life without a man in it. None were satisfied with just being themselves. But I’m intrigued by Carrie’s outfits on the show. I can’t even imagine dressing like that…

So now that they’ve made a Sex in the City movie, due out in May 2008, I was curious. So I searched out a trailer for the movie

Doesn’t really answer any questions, or tell much of anything. I’m not sure I’ll make it to the movie, but I’m sure I’ll catch it on DVD as soon as that comes out.

Have you ever missed any of the hot TV shows out there and felt totally out of the loop when people were talking about them?

Tori Lennox January 15, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Oh yeah. I missed the whole Deadwood thing. No HBO here either. Or was that on Showtime? Whatever, I don’t have that one either. *g* Seems like I missed out on lots of those premium channel series. I never so happy as when Stargate: SG-1 moved to the Sci Fi Channel from Showtime. :)

Suzanne January 15, 2008 at 1:44 pm

I miss the new hot shows all the time but I have to say that I love and adore Sex in the City!!! LOVE IT. I’m so glad there’s a movie coming because I miss them!!

This Eclectic Life January 15, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Oh, girl! I am totally out of the loop with television. I saw Sex in the City in re-runs and at hotel rooms when I travel for work, lol! That’s the only time I get a chance to watch television!

Kacey January 15, 2008 at 11:28 pm

Missed the Sopranos too. . . Saw a few seasons of 24 on DVD. I’m just really out of the loop on TV shows.

LauraP January 16, 2008 at 11:43 am

I missed all of those. Since we got satellite I’ve caught up on some and decided it’s just as well I missed others.

Kathleen January 16, 2008 at 2:26 pm

I watched a few eps of that but could never really get into it. Probably because it was based on the 13th Generation Gen X. I do remember a closing eps of the second season I believe where Carrie declared her independence, the only eps I was impressed with. Also, I read your about page I grew up in the midwest also (Indiana) and had bangs just like that. It must have been a curse on girls in that entire area.

Rene January 19, 2008 at 12:18 pm

All the time. I’ve never seen “American Idol” or “Lost.” I haven’t watched any of the reality shows that seem so popular and forget the crime dramas like the gazillion “C.S.I’s.” Of course I’m totally hip to the Nickelodeon shows. Truly pathetic. :roll:

Rita January 31, 2008 at 4:25 am

I’ve just started blogging. Can you take trailers off the TV and use them on your blog without permission?

My blog is The Survive and Thrive Boomer Gide (http://boomersurvive-thrive guide.typepad.com).

Rita

Kacey January 31, 2008 at 9:06 am

Rita, I got this trailer off of YouTube…who is supposed to pull copyrighted stuff. (but I’m sure they can’t keep up with all of it) But I’m not a lawyer and I don’t play one on this blog :wink: