Are You Happy? No, REALLY Happy?

by Kay~Kacey on 1/18/2008

I’m happy. Really, honestly happy with my life now. Oh, I’d like a few people in my life to have better health, but otherwise, I’d really not change much. It was a long, hard battle to get to this point in my life. You would not have recognized me 15 years ago.

What makes a person wake up and finally, FINALLY, do something to change their life? Why do some people find this inner strength and move out of the rut , valley chasm that they’ve slipped into and scramble their way up to a new life?

I was talking to a friend today about how sometimes I just need to pinch myself. I can’t believe how far I’ve come, and how my life is just crystallizing into the life I want. Oh, it was hard work to get here, but now it’s so nice to be at that point where I’m, well, happy!

And I find I’ve changed my outlook on life too. I spend more time noticing the small things in life.
Female Cardinal

How many tiny moments like this did I miss before? When I looked at the down side of things and thought that which would go wrong, will go wrong. But after deciding to make big changes in my life, I’ve turned into a more positive person. I avoid the toxic people that drag me down. I speak up for myself. I’ve found out that I’m a strong person and can do amazing things. But I still don’t know what gave me that inner strength to start down this road. But however I found it, I’m thankful I did. If you’re around me for very long, you’re liable to hear me say “I love my life.” And maybe hear it more than once… But do people who have that positive attitude about their life, attract more of the things they love and the things they want to happen into their lives? I think so.

Sometimes, my life is so full, that I’m sorry for everyone who isn’t me. :mrgreen: Oh, I’m not saying I don’t have my moments. That stress doesn’t creep in. That we don’t have bad things happen. Everyone does. But, by and large, I’m Happy. No, REALLY happy.

I’m not sure why it took me so many years to figure out that happiness begets more happiness, and life is what you make of it. Why couldn’t I have learned that life lesson in my twenties? Are you happy with your life? And if not, are you doing anything to change it?

(these Cardinals out my window seem to nudge me into some deep thinking, don’t they?)

Melissa Marsh January 18, 2008 at 10:32 am

Kacey – I’m so glad that you are so happy with your life. That is truly a blessing! Not many people can say that.

I’m working toward it, I think. I try to look at my blessings every day and draw happiness from them – my children, my husband, my pets, my job, my home, my writing ability, and my supply of chocolate. (Hey, that’s definitely a blessing!).

I’m still working on areas – finances, for one. I’d like to not live paycheck to paycheck!

Tori Lennox January 18, 2008 at 2:05 pm

This is a wonderful post, Kacey! And I love your cardinals. They make me smile. :)

Suzanne January 18, 2008 at 9:35 pm

I really think that’s true. Happiness begets more happiness, and it all starts with Deciding to be happy–and making changes if you need to.

Danielle January 19, 2008 at 10:48 am

I think I’m at “that point” in my life – Waking up and finally doing something about it. I just hope I can get past it and actually do something :lol:

The little things and life’s natural beauties are the best inspiration!

Rene January 19, 2008 at 12:20 pm

Yeah, I think I’m truly happy. I have bad spells, but I think they have more to do with brain chemistry. Like you it took awhile to figure it out. Having a new kitchen helps :lol:

Kacey January 20, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Danielle, good for you. Realizing you want to change is the first step. Then actually making some changes come next.

Rene, I’m thinking having a new kitchen WOULD help :mrgreen: Though not all you had to go through to get that new kitchen!

FreeFromItAll January 25, 2008 at 1:14 pm

What a great post!!!!! I love it that you avoid toxic people. I’ve done some of that myself just lately and it made a HUGE difference.

Barb February 10, 2008 at 11:22 am

I would have to say that I’m quite content right now and happy most of the time. It’s a great place to be. :smile:

Beth July 10, 2008 at 11:01 am

I wish I could say the same, myl ife is a complete drag and the only person holding me back is my stupid boyfriend but I’m so sad I wont get rid of him!

Maybe one day I will be able too.