From High Heels to Crocs

by Kay~Kacey on 1/21/2008

When did it happen? When did my life go from sexy high heels to Crocs? It’s like the invasion of the comfortable shoes took over my closet. Oh, in my mind, I still have sexy high heels to wear…but my closet sure doesn’t jive with my mind…

pink CrocsOkay, I like my Crocs. They are bright pink. They cheer me up. Great with handknit socks. Well, in the winter they kind of suck. They build up static electricity and I keep getting shocked. That’s annoying! Very annoying.

Sensible black heelsI do own a pair of sensible black heels, for those time when nothing else will do. The annual business Christmas party. Weddings. Um, I sure I wear them more than that…maybe…

Though you’re more likely to see me in my FARM GIRL BOOTS. (and I had mine first!).
farm girl boots

You are most likely to see me in one of any of a variety of very comfortable, not very fashionable shoes. Well, at least ’til spring. Once it warms up, I’m barefoot all the way!Sensible comfortable shoes

Suzanne January 21, 2008 at 8:46 am

Love the pink shoes, LOL!

Tori Lennox January 21, 2008 at 12:21 pm

I want some pink farm girl boots!

Melissa Marsh January 21, 2008 at 2:58 pm

I can’t quite make myself buy a pair of Crocs. They are just too ugly. Plus, my husband would probably chuck them the moment I brought them in the house. He’s told me of how much he hates them.

I tend to wear very comfortable shoes, too. Only rarely do I wear heels.

Kacey January 21, 2008 at 7:08 pm

Crocs are rather…um…awkward looking, aren’t they? But I can walk forever in them. Love them for standing forever and cooking in the kitchen too. And bright pink…what’s not to love??

Amy January 21, 2008 at 7:45 pm

Add me to the comfortable shoes group! And I’m okay with that. I gave up my high heel days when I had babies. :) That’s probably why wearing low high heels at national kills me. :shakehead:

LauraP January 21, 2008 at 8:40 pm

Fashion is what we say it is, and Crocs are the best! So comfy (and easy to hose off.) As for farm girl boots — I have a collection — one still presentable enough to wear to town and the rest well seasoned with . . . farm stuff. Heels? Ahem. Not in this decade.

Amy January 21, 2008 at 8:50 pm

Kacey,

I love all your shoes that are pictured! I clomp around in heels a lot at work, but I’m still fond of my trusty old Skechers sandals. When I’m not wearing running shoes, I have the Skechers on. They’re comfy and are like old friends.

Kacey January 21, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Amy & Amy :mrgreen: there is just something about comfortable shoes, isn’t there?

Laura, I have more broken in farm girl boots too. But I was too embarrassed to clean them up to photograph them…they’re pretty sad.

LauraP January 21, 2008 at 9:31 pm

Kacey – The well worn ones are the best of all — comfy old friends.

Rene January 22, 2008 at 12:15 pm

I have fake Crocs and I loved them this summer. They were so easy to wear and clean. I’m going to get me a real pair this summer.

For me, hight heels were a uniform when I worked full time. I do have some very cute pumps but I can’t tell you the last time I wore them (oh yeah, the Halloween two years ago). My new thing is sandals in the summer since I discovered pedicures. But now, it is my fake-Ugg boots and sneakers. I do love shoes, but mainly to look at.

Kacey January 22, 2008 at 2:34 pm

Rene, LOL, I’m with you. I do love shoes too…but mainly to look at :lol:

Christine January 22, 2008 at 9:50 pm

Ya know, I always said I’d never own crocs because of how ugly they look to me. But then I was pregnant with big swollen ankles and feet and I wore crocs out of sheer necessity.

Post-partum now, feet back to normal, but I’m still wearing those crocs. LOL

My main footwear before, though, was my roper boots. Now, THAT is comfort! :cool2:

FreeFromItAll January 25, 2008 at 1:09 pm

I love comfy shoes! I have some crocks, but I only wear them in the summer — snow and crocks = not a good thing.

I have these fun shoes that I only wear in the house. They’re flats in red patent leather and on days I am not going anywhere I try to wear a red tee or grey/black sweats so I can wear them around the house – they make me feel sasSSSsy!! And they’re so comfy.

I think I saw a pair of Clark’s in your stack that look like a pair I just bought in November.

Those smilies are super cute- how did you get those added into to your comment section? :crazy2: :rofl: :mad2: I’m like a little kid. :grin: :oops: :beer:

ladyundertheoaks February 20, 2008 at 6:13 am

heard this morning on the news that crocs is coming out with a line of fashion shoes with the “crocs” in the sole of the shoe – alas, comfort with style. found the video link: http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/video/strategysession/10404057.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Tamy May 24, 2008 at 8:38 am

I know what you mean – a closet full of great shoes and I spend my like in tennies, crocs and flip flops. If you love your crocs you’ll love this http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/05/21/funny-pictures-how-stupid-u-look/

Lynn May 24, 2008 at 8:40 am

I got pink Crocs in my post too. :) But I love to go barefoot too when in the room.

Mrs. Mecomber May 24, 2008 at 9:21 am

Oooo I love your hiking sneaker boots. :cool:

tnchick May 30, 2008 at 12:19 pm

I think they do look FAB with those hand knit socks!! I want some hand knit socks!!

Jacquelyn October 28, 2014 at 10:23 am

I do agree with all of the ideas you’ve offered for your post.
They’re very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for beginners.
May you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the
post.