Do You Know What this Is?

by Kay~Kacey on 1/25/2008

This short post is brought to you by the fact I was out of town yesterday. Those out of town business trips can really cut into real life, can’t they?

Anyway, I took this pic. Out my office window. I think it might be a red tailed hawk. But I just don’t know? Any bird identifier type people out there? What do you think this is?

hawk I think

And I KNOW what this one is. A wild turkey. In my back yard. (can you call it a wild turkey if he comes into your backyard??) Does he not know I live smack in the middle of suburbia?? We’ve had 5 baby turkeys that grew up here this summer. Coming to visit under our bird feeder almost every day. As you can see, they’ve grown up. But recently I’ve only seen two of them. Where are the other 3?? No, don’t tell me. I also saw a coyote in the yard… Are these animals not realizing I’m in the suburbs of a large city??
wild turkey

Suzanne January 25, 2008 at 8:12 am

That’s so cool! Have NO idea what it is…

Karen January 25, 2008 at 8:16 am

Yup your right it’s a red tail hawk. My husband is a bird watcher so I have picked up a few birds id’s during the travels.

Andrea January 25, 2008 at 9:28 am

Wonderful picts. Thanks for commenting on my blog…I wonder every now and again if any one ever looks at it. Thanks again

Rene January 25, 2008 at 12:58 pm

Oh, the only wild turkey I’ve ever seen comes in a bottle :lol:

I keep a Sibley’s bird guide handy for bird watching. In the spring we get a ton of different birds.

Kacey January 25, 2008 at 1:37 pm

Rene, Oh, THAT Wild Turkey :wink:

Andrea, thanks for stopping by.

Karen! Good. It’s confirmed it’s a red tail hawk. I just wasn’t sure!

Christine January 25, 2008 at 1:42 pm

Great shots! We had a doe and her fawn live ih our apartment complex area at our 1st home in MI. We were so shocked to see such wildlife in metro Detroit! Definitely not the country! :P

Tori Lennox January 25, 2008 at 6:38 pm

You get the coolest pictures out your office windows!!!

Misty Dawn January 28, 2008 at 6:50 pm

I’m really glad that you visited my blog, because that resulted in my finding your blog! I LOVE your photography, so I’m subscribing to your blog feed. You’ll be seeing a lot of me now ;-)