Winter Blues

by Kay~Kacey on 1/28/2008

okay, I freely admit it. I’m tired of winter. What? It’s only January? Well, I’m still tired of it. I should probably plan a trip some place warm. Preferably with a beach. But here I sit. Now last week we had single digit temperatures. Today we got up to 58 degrees. Ping. Pong. I of course grabbed my camera and went outside. I found these sad dead geraniums.
winter flowers

They make me want spring, and full colored flowers bursting into bloom. And I want to sit out here and watch the world go by. I love sitting on the front porch. Well, I love sitting on the back deck too. I just like warmer weather. Leaves on the trees. Green lawns. adirondack chairsWith pretty flowers blooming in my flower pots, and the scent of lavender in the air. I can sure see the appeal of going south for the winter. We just aren’t at that stage of life yet. But in the mean time, I’ll just watch these lonely chairs on the front porch, waiting for spring.

Is it winter where you are? Are you a winter person? I’m so not one…

Michelle Willingham January 28, 2008 at 7:28 am

I love spring, when it’s not too hot, but the flowers are starting to emerge. It’s wonderful. :coffee2:

Suzanne January 28, 2008 at 7:34 am

Those dead flowers look familiar. I think I’ve got some just like them!

Amy January 28, 2008 at 7:54 am

Kacey,

We’ve certainly had the ping pong weather. I do live at the beach where winters are fairly mild, but I think the cold weather is finally here to stay for a while. It gives me an excuse to be lazy and watch TV at night, something I normally don’t do! Regarding those flowers, I finally tossed some dead ones in the garbage yesterday. They’ve sat by my front door since June, and I’ve been in denial about their demise for a few months. My son, whom I see maybe once a year, gave them to me, so I think I’ve been clinging to that thought. Have a great day!

Kathleen January 28, 2008 at 9:22 am

We have cool weather down here for the most part, it goes up and down. Today its supposed to be 70 but later this week it will be in the 40’s. Which isn’t bad.
I actually enjoy the winter and getting away from the heat down here. Usualy by the end of Feb I’m ready for spring.

Kelly Boyce January 28, 2008 at 9:33 am

It is so winter where I’m at. It started early this year. Usually we’re fine until January before the worst of it hits but it’s been pummelling us since November and I’m sick of it. Worst of all, my best friend just booked a trip south and I can’t go. Waaahhhhh!!

Kacey January 28, 2008 at 10:36 am

Michelle, I love spring too!

Suzanne, there’s a lot of that dead flower stuff going around, isn’t there?

Amy, ah, living at the beach. I could so get into that. I love to stare at the water.

Kathleen, yep the ping pong thing. We’re supposed to be back down to like 15 degrees tomorrow. Makes my head spin.

Kelly, I want to go some place warm. Maybe your friend will take me. :wink:

Tori Lennox January 28, 2008 at 11:45 am

I am so over winter. Bring on warmer temps!

Christine January 28, 2008 at 12:08 pm

I’m incredibly sick of winter, too. I’m a southern girl born and raised and here I am stuck up here in Michigan. It’s funny because every winter, we talk about looking for a new job somewhere warmer. But when summer rolls around, we remember why we like it here.

If only winter wasn’t 5 months long. :(

FreeFromItAll January 28, 2008 at 12:49 pm

I’m sick of it too! The only ping pong we’ve had is from -15 to 20 above (heat wave).

I love your red doors! They are cheery.