Life in Focus-Deer in the Snow

by Kay~Kacey on 2/3/2008

Deer in the Snow
Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast – you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
Eddie Cantor (1892 – 1964)

Amy February 3, 2008 at 9:55 am

So many of us don’t make time to enjoy the journey; and in my opinion, the journey is as important as the destination. Great photo, BTW. How can anyone harm such a lovely creature?

Misty Dawn February 3, 2008 at 11:38 am

Great photo of my favorite animal (other than dogs, of course). Beautiful!

Christine February 3, 2008 at 11:40 am

Gorgeous photo! And oh so true!

Tori Lennox February 3, 2008 at 3:03 pm

What a gorgeous photo!!! And I had no idea Eddie Cantor was so wise. :)

Suzanne February 3, 2008 at 5:07 pm

That is an AWESOME photo, Kacey!!!

Kacey February 3, 2008 at 5:12 pm

It’s one of my favorite photos that I’ve taken in awhile. The snow was falling on his back. Close enough that I could get a good close up shot of him. Have I mentioned I love my camera?

Kate February 3, 2008 at 8:12 pm

What camera do you use? I’m in love with mine, too but am still trying to figure out the relationship. There’s so much we don’t know about each other. Oh, I must take another one of these emotion things and insert it right here. :typing:

Good pic of the snow on the deer. Very nice.

~C.G.

Kacey February 3, 2008 at 8:22 pm

Kate, I have a Canon xti. Love it. Just got it in October. I had a 35mm camera ages ago, and a fairly decent sony point and shoot. But I wanted, had to have, a DSLR. It’s been a learning curve, but honestly, I adore it. I’m still learning new things on the camera though.

colleen February 3, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Fist I saw life through my eyes, then my young sons, now my camera.

Christine February 4, 2008 at 12:18 am

I’m insanely jealous of both yours and Kate’s Canons. I’d love to upgrade to a DSLR. Even though my camera is a high-end camera it is still a point-and-shoot. It definitely has limitations (like shallow depth of field). One day…

Christine February 4, 2008 at 12:20 am

Oh wait! Kate, you have a Nikon D80… still jealous!! :lol:

Britt-Arnhild February 4, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Hi Kacey. Wow, this photo of the deer is adorable. And great words to go with it. Lent is the perfect time for slowing down.

Kacey February 4, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Colleen! Just love this! “First I saw life through my eyes, then my young sons, now my camera.”

Christine. I really do love my camera! I use it everyday.

Britt-Arnhild–thanks for stopping by. I liked the quote too. I’m kind of a quote collector.

tracey February 19, 2008 at 12:34 pm

sweet.

Shalet February 19, 2008 at 7:56 pm

Wonderful capture and sentiment! Seen in Shutter Sisters.

tracey April 19, 2008 at 9:28 am

sweet. i can’t believe how close you got!

emily June 16, 2008 at 6:58 pm