The Perfect Spice Rack

by Kay~Kacey on 2/6/2008

Now I know this will come to you guys as a surprise, since I’ve told you about this secret and this one. But I do actually cook real meals. And I have the perfect spice rack. No, really. SuperGuy made it for me. It hangs on the wall in my kicthen. I’m kinda into my herbs and spices if you can tell.ultimate spice rack

BTW, that photo was a sonofagun to get. I think a took a bazillion pictures of it. I know. You’ve heard it before. So much light reflecting off so many shiny labels. Not so great lighting in that part of the kitchen. Sigh.

SuperGuy makes me lots of things. He’s handy that way. But this is one of my favorites. Orderly. Spices all lined up in alphbetical order. Mostly. I have way too much cinnamon. What’s up with that? And see that yellow slip of paper behind the ginger? That’s a left over clue from a treasure hunt for the boys, oh, say five years ago. It makes me smile when I see it. So it stays there. I’m sentimental that way.
alphabetized spices

And look at the neato details he put into the sides of it. Notice the fluting. Yes, why now that you mention it, it DOES match the woodwork he put in around the doors. Check out the doorframe in the first picture. He’s handy that way.
Details of Spice Rack

Really whats not to love about a man who knows what a vacuum is and isn’t afraid to use it…and he makes me things. He’s handy that way.

Dare I ask where your spices reside??

Suzanne February 6, 2008 at 7:02 am

Mostly in the cabinet but I’d like to have them out more after we move. Love your spice rack!!!! He IS handy!

Amy February 6, 2008 at 7:53 am

My spice cabinet is PACKED and needs additional room. Are you renting out SuperGuy?

Mental Pause Mama February 6, 2008 at 8:28 am

Wow. Can I come over for some cinnamon toast? That is some great guy you have there!

colleen February 6, 2008 at 9:25 am

So you have a tribute to one of the men in your life, as well.

I only have a small wooden spice rack that sits on the counter. I love it because my youngest son gave it to me for a gift. He came up with the idea himself. My other spices are shoved in the cabinet. Some in plastic bags because I get them in bulk from the health food store here.

Country Girl February 6, 2008 at 11:19 am

In a cabinet next to the stove is where my husband keeps his spices. He does the cooking. Not that I can’t. (He just thinks I can’t, so don’t tell him.)

:secret:

~C.G.

Country Girl February 6, 2008 at 11:21 am

BTW, I love your spice rack. And the way it matches everything else. Very talented man you have there!

Kacey February 6, 2008 at 11:23 am

Amy, SuperGuy is so not for rent. I’m keeping him :love:

Mental Pause, come by anytime for cinnamon toast!

Colleen, that’s neat that your youngest son gave you your spice rack! Makes it extra special, doesn’t it?

Country Girl, SuperGuy does most of the cooking around here too. He likes to. I love LOVE to bake. But putting dinner on the table? Not so much…

Christine February 6, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Ahhh, spices. I just purged a bunch, combined some, and donated others. I had 5 cinnamon bottles. Unopened. 1 more that was opened. We must have thing about cinnamon? :love:

My spice rack is a small wooden spinner rack but I like yours better. Hey, Super Guy should make some and sell them. (I’m 1st in line!! ;) )

Tori Lennox February 6, 2008 at 1:04 pm

What a cool spice cabinet!!!

You should rent SuperGuy out. *g*

Kacey February 6, 2008 at 1:43 pm

Christine, we must have a thing about cinnamon. I noticed I had two bottle of cinnamon sugar mix too. :roll:

Tori. I. Will. Not. Share. SuperGuy. :wink:

Melissa Marsh February 6, 2008 at 1:59 pm

That is a beautiful spice rack. I don’t have nearly as many as you do, however. My husband is the one who likes to cook so I leave that type of shopping to him. :rofl:

Tori Lennox February 6, 2008 at 2:15 pm

I’m only interested in his carpentry skills. *g*

Country Girl February 6, 2008 at 2:20 pm

I bought an Ott Lite from Joann on line today. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Can’t wait to see your photos!

:idea:

Rene February 6, 2008 at 3:27 pm

How nice!

My spices used to be in a cabinet between my reefers, but when we re-modeled, we pushed the freezer and fridge together (they are seperate units) and I lost my spice drawer. Now I keep my spices in a wide drawer directly beneath my cooktop. I need some kind of drawer organizer to keep the still. Because they are in alphabetical order, they don’t fit right. I also have a spinning spice rack in one of my cabinets and the big Costco spices in another cabinet, both surrounding the cooktop. I keep my baking spices in my baking cabinet in my baking “center” as we call it. That was probably a far bigger explanation than you wanted. :???:

Christine February 6, 2008 at 7:17 pm

Hey Kacey,
I asked my hubby if he’d make me one and he said only if he had plans to go by. Do you think your Super Guy could send some instruction on how he made yours???

Ours would have to be smaller but still…

Purty please? :angel:

Mental Pause Mama February 6, 2008 at 7:22 pm

Okay, let’s forget woodworking for a minute..you ear hereby tagged!!!!!!!1 Good luck. And good luck to our tornado survirvors and victims.

Mental Pause Mama February 6, 2008 at 7:23 pm

that’s are not ear. although that’s pretty darn funny!

Mental Pause Mama February 6, 2008 at 7:28 pm

Must. Stop. The. Cough. Syrup. You ae tagged, g’friend.

nikkipolani February 7, 2008 at 11:27 am

Very nice spice rack indeed! But around my house, I’d need a guard rail (plus, I live in earthquake country, not to mention racing cats).

Misty Dawn February 8, 2008 at 2:36 pm

That is really awesome! Could he come build me one? You and I can go on a photo walk, while the guys build stuff :rofl:

George Weber October 21, 2012 at 9:43 am

I need an oak spice rack with dimensions 15″ wide x 35″ high x 4″ depth. with 6- 5″ shelves. If possible glass wooden door on it. Please let me know asap if this is possible for you to make and the cost. Thank you!