Hello? It’s a Bird Feeder

by Kay~Kacey on 2/7/2008

It comes to no surprise to you, I’m sure, that I have a bird feeder out my window. A BIRD feeder. You know, for the birds.
Female Cardinal at bird feeder

Now, this squirrel is NOT a bird. No matter what he thinks. But he sits at the base of the bird feeder and eats. He used to eat IN the feeder until we got a squirrel proof feeder. And moved it 3 times so he couldn’t jump to the feeder and knock all the seed out so the poor little birds got no food.
squirrel

And though this deer is very pretty, he’s not a bird either. Bird feeder BIRD FEEDER.
deer at the bird feeder

I exhaust myself daily trying to explain to all these animals that I have a Bird Feeder. For, you know, the birds. Okay, I guess you could call these turkeys birds. But they weren’t what I had in mind.
five wild turkeys

Not to mention the little rascals are destructive. They knocked down the thistle feeder. I was not amused. Look at him. Trying to act all innocent. “Who me??” (he’ll probably blame it on his little brother. That’s what boys do.) As if I can’t see him. He’s lucky Thanksgiving is so many months away.
innocent turkey

It really is a bird feeder. See? I keep trying to convince all the other animals…
3 birds at the feeder

Suzanne February 7, 2008 at 7:05 am

Awww, how pretty! I love the other animals! (And the birds!)

Mental Pause Mama February 7, 2008 at 8:11 am

I love the one with the turkey and the empty tube feeders on the ground! That so looks like my yard!

Country Girl February 7, 2008 at 11:05 am

Oh, I liked this one!

Christine February 7, 2008 at 12:03 pm

Better be careful, the other animals may start yelling discrimination!!! :cursing:

Great photos… I’d let the deer eat, though. She’s cute! :love:

Tori Lennox February 7, 2008 at 1:40 pm

Lovely pictures! We eventually got squirrel feeders for our squirrels. Though now that I think about it, they still prefer the bird feeders. *g*

Barb February 7, 2008 at 2:51 pm

We have the same problem with the squirrels. They just have no manners.

Melissa Marsh February 7, 2008 at 3:27 pm

Wow, I wish I had all that wildlife to look at! I look out my front window and I see…pavement…and other houses and maybe an occasional stray bunny will find his way into the yard. And then I look out the back window of my house and see…two giant dogs, more pavement, and my husband’s garage.

Sometimes I wish I lived in the country again… :mrgreen:

FreeFromItAll February 7, 2008 at 9:00 pm

We had 10 deer in stop in our yard the other night. They were so pretty. One or two of them got up on the keystone block wall that’s about 4 feet high by 3 feet wide along the garage but must have got scared before they could get to the bushes and start munching.

The other deer seemed content digging through the snow for grass.

We have no birds. I guess we’re not bird friendly here. :confused:

kt February 8, 2008 at 3:43 am

I’m jealous of all that wildlife outside your door, great shots! kt

Anali February 8, 2008 at 10:35 am

Hi Kacey! Thanks for dropping by my blog. You have the cutest “About” page! :grin:

And I love all your animal pictures here. So sweet! Have a great day! Now for some coffee… :coffee:

Misty Dawn February 8, 2008 at 2:33 pm

Can I please, please, please come to your house??? The wildlife is awesome! I love your photos. Oh my gosh you are so cool!

Kacey February 8, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Did you guys see that? Misty said I was cool! :cool:

I do love my backyard. Especially if SuperGuy would ever finish the back patio…

I’m a bit concerned that the deer will get used to coming to my yard and eat all my daffodils and tulips this spring…