I’m Not That Organized

by Kay~Kacey on 2/9/2008

In case you missed it in the comments from yesterday, over at the WeRLivingFree Blog, Free From It All has posted a pic of her office. Oh. My. Gosh. Go check it out. I am not now, or ever will be that organized. Though I can see how totally peaceful it would be to be surrounded by all the non-cluttered space.

This is my oldest son’s desk. :shock:
very neat desk
He SO did not learn how to do this from me!! It’s not something genetic because you’ve seen my best attempt at cleaning my desk. Why does his desk, in some weird way, make me feel like a failure as a mom… You know, like maybe I’m not living up to my children’s expectations??? Has he always secretly longed for a mother who was organized and had her act together?? Does he wish my house was as organized as his apartment? Does he hate me because I made him eat his broccoli when he was little??? Oh, sorry, I got carried away for a sec.

If you look closely, though, to the left of his monitors, you’ll see his camera out on his desk. THAT”S MY BOY!! :love:

Mental Pause Mama February 9, 2008 at 8:55 am

When I grow up, my desk is gonna look like that.

Tori Lennox February 9, 2008 at 11:16 am

That’s kind of scary! *g*

Misty Dawn February 9, 2008 at 11:19 am

Ohhhhhh…. what kind of camera is that? Yes, yes the desk looks great… could we talk about the camera now?

Kasey, I tagged you for a meme at http://www.mistyswords.com.

Christine February 9, 2008 at 1:43 pm

Your son is rebelling. If you was a neat freak mom, he’d be a slob. :lol:

FreeFromItAll February 9, 2008 at 2:13 pm

Christine, that’s what I was just going to say!!!

My 11 year old is such a mess I wanna throttle him. I keep thinking, what have I done wrong? :wallbash:

FreeFromItAll February 9, 2008 at 2:14 pm

P.S. Thanks again for the props. That was very kind of you.

annbb February 9, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Let’s see….I’m a slob and my son is even slobbier. I’ll have to take a picture of my “office” for all to see, even though the embarrassment will be acute. My office has become the “throw it in there and close the door FAST so things don’t fall out” room. Not a bit of a semblance to an office with a desk in it any more. What desk? There’s a desk in there???? :rofl:

abb

Kacey February 9, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Mental, can I call you Mental, ’cause I like you because I think you might be as out of the box as me :mrgreen: …(still waiting for the pics of the white strips under your desk…) *IF* I ever grow up, I want my desk to look like that.

Tori, it is scary. DARN scary!

His camera is a Canon xti, same as mine. So we can swap out lenses and flash equipment. We’re smart like that :wink:

Christine…LOL, yes, well is this is the only kind of rebelling any of our 5 boys is going to do, I’m cool with that! :cool2:

annbb-well, you could hardly see my desk in my office either. My son so does not get this neat streak from me…

I’m still in awe of FreeFromitAll’s desk…

Britt-Arnhild February 9, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Charming chaos is my motto :-)

Christine February 10, 2008 at 1:36 am

Man! Can I be *your* kid, too! :mrgreen:

Amy February 10, 2008 at 2:12 am

How come I’m a slob and my son is…a slob too?

This Eclectic Life February 10, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Kids always want to be the opposite of their parents. Actually, I think YOUR desk looks pretty good compared to mine, so quit whining, girl :roll: I was gonna ask you to come help me clean. Now I think I’ll ask your son, instead.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life February 11, 2008 at 8:14 pm

Oh, to be organized and a writer also, like you. I had to choose only one and I’m not doing such a great job of it, either. Maybe I better go clean something. The broccoli bit was too funny. I made my son brush his teeth. He’s still mad.