Life in Focus-Reflections

by Kay~Kacey on 2/17/2008

reflecting ball

It is a most mortifying reflection for a man to consider what he has done, compared to what he might have done. — Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

And part of that, to me, is trying and learning new things. Which brings me to the Black and White Challenge. I’m still working on mine. I’m not entirely pleased with the results, but I keep working on them. Tomorrow, I’ll post my pic, along with links to everyone who has left a comment or contacted me.

(and look carefully in this reflecting ball and you’ll see my office. My office is in a converted porch off the back of our house Yes, that whole wonderful sunroom, with all those windows is mine, mine, mine! :love: )

Amy February 17, 2008 at 8:55 am

I guessed that is your office before I read the post! I’m envious, and I hope to have a space like that one day, a room of one’s own (a la Virginia Woolf). I love the Samuel Johnson quote, too, although I often find my eyes are really open when I list all my accomplishments. I sometimes focus too much on what I have not done, and I fail to acknowledge what I have done.

annbb February 17, 2008 at 10:44 am

I had the most beautiful maroon reflecting ball. Our dog, Stella would NOT stop tipping it off. I removed it for a few weeks and then put it back, thinking (foolishly) that she would have forgotten all about it. Next morning there my beautiful ball was, once again on the ground and this time shattered.

abb

annbb February 17, 2008 at 11:03 am

I posted this at the black and white post, but think I’ll post it here as well. Go to: http://thetombstonechronicler.blogspot.com/2008/02/kaceys-black-white-challenge.html

for my entry.

Can’t wait for tomorrow to see your entry, Kacey!

You could also use this:http://thetombstonechronicler.blogspot.com/2008/01/wild-turkeys-are-back-increasingly.html

or this: http://thetombstonechronicler.blogspot.com/2008/02/sunday-family-dinners.html

I’m going to post this comment and hope I haven’t totally messed up your comments forum, Kacey. DO let me in on how to post a link, will ya??

Till Tomorrow!
abb

Tori Lennox February 17, 2008 at 11:42 am

Yes, that whole wonderful sunroom, with all those windows is mine, mine, mine!

You needn’t rub it in. :rofl:

Kacey February 17, 2008 at 11:59 am

Amy, that’s such a good comment! I sometimes beat myself up on all I haven’t done, instead of thinking of all I HAVE done.

Ann, this reflecting ball is metal. I’ve gone through the glass ones and gave up. Got this one for SuperGuy from Plow & Hearth, I believe.

Tori, yes, well, I know it’s not nice to brag, but I love my office!

Suzanne February 17, 2008 at 1:19 pm

That’s a really pretty shot! Your office is so nice.

Kate February 17, 2008 at 2:18 pm

I love your office, too! And now I’M jealous!

Melissa Marsh February 17, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Ohhh, a whole sunroom as my office. Now that is heaven! :love:

Misty Dawn February 17, 2008 at 6:35 pm

Neat shot and I’m looking forward to your B&W!

Jeannelle February 17, 2008 at 10:44 pm

Clever photo idea…..its like a photo within a photo.

Christine February 18, 2008 at 3:04 am

Nice office!! I’m still working on my B&W, too. I hope to get it up tomorrow as well. :)