The Magnificent Sideboard

by Kay~Kacey on 2/25/2008

or how to keep your wife very happy…

As you probably know by now, SuperGuy makes me things. I like a man who makes me things. He made this great server for our kitchen. Or Sideboard. Or buffet. A piece of furniture with a lot of names is a great piece of furniture, I always say. Though it does seem to give your furniture that kind of psycho split personality…
magnificent server

server top I love the splash of red on the top from the tiles he put on it. I love that it ties into my fifties diner type theme for my kitchen. (notice the cool kitchen table in the corner of the pic? We found that out antique shopping. I love to haunt antique shops. This table came with lime green chairs. Yeah, I know. I’m now out haunting shops for red chairs.)

See the cool tile top with the neato set in white tiles in the red tiles? Do you know how many new tools he HAD to buy to make this?? :roll:

server details
Notice the details here. Well, yes, now that you mention it, they DO match the trim on my doors and the side of my spice rack. He’s handy like that.

And this holds an incredible amount of stuff in it. There’s never enough cabinet space in a kitchen, now is there?

Honestly, I think woodworking is the coolest hobby. He has all these neat tools and machines and presto, I get something really nice like this. I’m gonna keep SuperGuy ’cause you never know what he might make next…

mental p mama February 25, 2008 at 9:49 am

Please, please pack up those high-falutin’ tools, and come for a visit! That is beautiful. It’s going to be 86 and sunny here in Cabo today…

Suzanne February 25, 2008 at 10:17 am

That”s beautiful! I love that!

Melissa Marsh February 25, 2008 at 12:28 pm

That is gorgeous! I want one! Unfortunately, I have no room in my kitchen for it!

Christine February 25, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Oooohhh,,, beautiful! I’d love to have that in my kitchen. :love:

Tori Lennox February 25, 2008 at 2:33 pm

I don’t know where we’d put one either but it’s gorgeous! SuperGuy is so darn handy!!!

Country Girl February 25, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Gotta love a handyman . . .

Cool buffet, I mean sideboard.

Like the table, too.

Barb February 25, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Wow, nice piece. Love the red tiles.

FreeFromItAll February 26, 2008 at 8:16 am

Oh super guy, you are really a SUPER GUY! :beer:

I’m currently redecorating (rearranging and making things look new w/a little feng shui + adding a few new pieces) my house. It’s that or build another one (we’ve built 3 in 9 years) and I’m starting to get that “itch” BUT I love this house, so I decided to do make it feel all different….

I’m a gypsi at heart. Wish me luck.

Gabrielle February 26, 2008 at 9:03 am

He MADE that for you? Please send him my way!!

Jeannelle February 26, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Oh, my, that’s gorgeous! My compliments to SuperGuy!

This Eclectic Life February 27, 2008 at 11:52 am

Go, Superguy! I love that. He did an excellent job. Do you loan him out? :rofl:

Sandra September 23, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Kacey — I’ve just looked through the things SuperGuy has made, and I had to laugh when you said how many new tools he had to have.

My husband has always been a woodworker too. And, whenever I suggest a project for him, once he has agreed, his next statement is always, “I’ll need tools!” And, some other tool is then added to his collection.

The things SuperGuy made are beautiful. I hope you have him sign and date them somewhere, so that future generations will know “from whence they came.”