Introducing Summer Weather

by Kay~Kacey on 2/26/2008

I give you summer weather. Green grass. Blooming flowers. Mountains. Blue skies. And a fabulous lack of snow or ice. I give you Palm Desert, California. Behold and enjoy.
palm springs mountains
purple flowers in desert
I don’t know what it is, but I like it. It’s like a climbing hedge flower.
colorful desert flowers
These are so bright, they almost hurt your eyes to look at them!

I’m out visiting my parents for a week. Gotta love parents who go some place warm for the winter. We left in a snow storm yesterday–along with delays for de-icing the plane. Then landed in this gorgeous wonderland. Well, someone has to do. Might as well be me.

SuperGuy keeps asking when he gets a turn at the camera…”when I’m finished with it, dear.”

Now, I wish people were not so greedy with their wireless out here. It’s hard to steal borrow it when they do stuff like encrypt their wireless connection :mrgreen: I keep losing the connection when the wind picks up too. I wander around the house trying to find the best spot. So as long as I keep finding a connection, I’ll be back with more pics tomorrow. Keep posting your winter pics if you want…I’ll just look and them and smile :lol:

And if I had Country Girl’s macro lens, I’d be so much happier with all these colorful flowers!

Amy February 26, 2008 at 7:29 am

Kacey,

I feel like adding that top photo as my screensaver. Due to my father’s health situation, I’ve had to cancel my cruise. Maybe some sunny place on terra firma–like Palm Springs– is on my radar screen for the future!

Suzanne February 26, 2008 at 10:13 am

Those photos are GORGEOUS!!!!

annbb February 26, 2008 at 10:18 am

We just returned from un-sunny San Jose this Sunday. In this part of Cali, we was the sun for about 22.5 seconds. BUT Spring was definitely in the air and we had a BLAST!
Enjoy your vaca :!:

ann

Kacey February 26, 2008 at 11:42 am

Amy, sorry about canceling your cruise. We do what we have to do. Our trip out here was delayed and cut short due to family health situation too.

Suzanne, thanks! I think they are gorgeous too. If I would smash them all up, I go roll in them and cover myself with color!

Ann–sorry you had unsunny weather! So far here it’s been bright sun! :cool:

Jeannelle February 26, 2008 at 12:34 pm

Thank you for these summery scenes to enjoy onscreen while snow piles up outside my window! Have a wonderful time!!

Tori Lennox February 26, 2008 at 1:37 pm

Y’know, if you weren’t one of my best friends, I’d really hate you. *g* I miss the desert so much!!! And I love your pictures!!!

Christine February 26, 2008 at 10:33 pm

Ahhh… I can feel the warm sun now!! We’re having another snowfall (up to 4″). Bring on the pictures… I’m living vicariously through you!! :cool2:

Rene February 27, 2008 at 9:40 pm

You picked the right week to come to Cali. The weather is magnificent. Howerver, my guess is it won’t last. I bet we get more storms in through April. Our summer will start late and the roses will get mildew. But I am enjoying it while its here (I live about 2 hours west of Palm Desert, about 25 miles from L.A.)

Kate February 29, 2008 at 7:19 pm

Ah, so that’s where you are! Sorry, I’ve been under a blanket all week. Really.

These are absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful place you’re staying in! Good for you both.