Last Snow of the Season

by Kay~Kacey on 3/5/2008

She said hopefully.

So “they” predicted 1 to 4 inches of snow in our area today…Okay. Now, I’m just saying, I like my snow like this. Off in the distance on the mountain tops while I’m in the desert with shorts and barefeet. And it helps to have a palm tree or two thrown in for good measure.
Palm Desert Mountains

I do NOT like my snow like this. Does this look like 1 to 4 inches to you?? No. And this was way before the snow stopped. I last measured it at 11 inches. (with SuperGuy’s tape measure. Don’t tell him!! I’m sure it won’t rust…will it??)
snow on back deck

I can barely move right now. I went out for hours to shovel a spot on the driveway for SuperGuy to pull the car into when he got home. The conversation in my head went something like this:

Me: “I have 5 sons. I should not be out shoveling a foot of snow. What good is having 5 sons if I’m gonna be out here in the darn snow?”
5 sons: noticeably quiet
Me: “I endured pregnancy and child birth. I nursed you through your illnesses. I’ve gone to a bazillion sports practices and games. Where are you when I need you?”
5 sons: still not answering
Me: “Fine. Just be out of town when your mother NEEDS you. See if I care. I am woman, hear me roar. I’ll just shovel the gosh darn driveway myself. DAMMIT.”

Now, of course, SuperGuy is home. (in the nice cleared off space in the driveway.) He is out shoveling the rest of the driveway. The sidewalk. Who knows, he’s probably out shoveling the street!

So, as you can see, snow shoveling after work is a big get together time in our neighborhood. Some shoveling. Lots of talking. (blurred neighbors because I was too lazy to go out and ask them if it was okay if I put their pic on my blog–cause I can barely move. Do you know how heavy 12 inches of wet snow is?)

break time

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more resting than working here??
rest break from snow shoveling

Oh, wait, here he is. Back to work. And looking handsome while he shovels. I looked like a bedraggled wet dog when I was out shoveling. It wasn’t pretty. At. All.
back to work

And since SuperGuy had my 4 wheel drive Subaru today, I didn’t get out to get bird food. Again. The birds are STARVING. They are making me feel so guilty. I will go get food tomorrow and tramp through the foot of snow to feed them. I will. I can only take guilt for so long.
snow bird

Now I’m off to soak in a hot tub, ’cause I’m a wuss and all my muscle ache. :bath:

Michelle Willingham March 5, 2008 at 6:17 am

Snow is beautiful when it’s falling..and when it cancels work. But the shoveling definitely should be done by strapping young men. :)

Suzanne March 5, 2008 at 7:42 am

Wow! That’s a lot of snow….

Mental Pause Mama March 5, 2008 at 7:57 am

That is too much snow for March. I’m just sayin’. Oh, and that male chit chat? I get such a kick out of it since they are unaware of the fact that they do it! :blah:

LauraP March 5, 2008 at 8:28 am

Welcome home, Kacey! Love the snow pics. Glad they’re yours and not mine.

Amy March 5, 2008 at 8:29 am

That SuperGuy is something! Hey, I’d be calling on my sons, too!

Kacey March 5, 2008 at 8:33 am

Michelle, it was beautiful while it was falling…but then it kept falling and falling…

MPM, that is way too much snow for March. I’m looking for crocus and daffodils and green grass!

Hey, Laura. Yes, I can’t believe we got hammered more than you did! You usually get the big storms.

Amy…yes, well, the boys using a lousy excuse like being out of town is really weak, don’t you think??

colleen March 5, 2008 at 8:52 am

Did you photoshop that palm tree in? Ha! By the blogs I’ve been reading the weather is all over the place, from flowers to snow, and last night there was a tornado in our area (first one I remember). The front door blew open and the wind whined loudly as it (many miles away) flew by.

I answered your comment on Porch Vacation and ET’s book.

Jenny March 5, 2008 at 9:13 am

Great post, Kacey! I know what you mean about that wet snow………NO FUN! Of course we haven’t had any this year, but really, it’s terrible stuff! Can’t see much of SuperGuy, but I love his salt and pepper hair. A beard too! My fella doesn’t like to wear one, so I’ll just look at SuperGuys if that’s alright with you.

Thanks for stopping at my blog while you were hopping around yesterday. The colors in the quilt actually look much better in person. They’re so :blah: on the web.

Hopefully, you’re finsihed with the snow soon and it all melts away, but doesn’t cause a flood. That would be bad. Real bad.

Soon,
Jenny

Country Girl March 5, 2008 at 11:32 am

You are not a wuss! It’s difficult shovelling snow!!

But I agree that your boys should be helping.
:bath:

Tori Lennox March 5, 2008 at 1:07 pm

That is a lot of snow!!! So wrong. I’m still holding a grudge against that stupid groundhog and his “six more weeks of winter” forecast.

Kacey March 5, 2008 at 5:33 pm

Collen, I’m about to photoshop a palm tree into MY backyard! So done with winter.

Jenny, thanks a bunch. Now I can worry about flooding :wink:

Country Girl–It WAS heavy snow…

Tori…so right. It’s the groundhog’s fault!

Melissa Marsh March 5, 2008 at 5:43 pm

Good grief! It’s definitely still winter there! We were forecast to get some snow today, but thankfully, they were wrong.

Just think of it this way – you shouldn’t have to worry about drought this year. (I hope!)

Rene March 5, 2008 at 5:52 pm

I don’t do snow. But I do like looking at it on the mountains. Hope it warms up for you. BTW, its chilly here too. I had to wear a sweatshirt today although my car got hot and I ran the a/c. Oh yeah, I did register for conference.

Misty Dawn March 5, 2008 at 6:38 pm

I am SO sick of being cold!!! Thanks for reminding me I need to fill my feeders!

Kim March 5, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Hey that looks like my area. lol That’s what we have been stareing at since October. And, my 18 year old moved out in May so it’s been me and the little two people out shoveling all winter (hubby works).

Come on Spring! :lol:

Barb March 5, 2008 at 7:53 pm

Oh, looks familiar! Here’s hoping it melts soon and you’re done for the season.

Christine March 6, 2008 at 1:15 am

Wow! That’s more than us. We had about 5-8″. They canceled school and all. And yea… shoveling snow is tough. I hate it. It is really ticking me off that spring isn’t coming. :cursing: