First Signs of Spring

by Kay~Kacey on 3/13/2008

Ever since our last snowfall of the winter, I’ve been waiting for spring. (okay, it was only last week when we had a foot of snow, but I’m so over it now.)
snow and 70 degrees So lo and behold, it got up to 70 degrees today!! Not that the snow on the deck realized that… But I was still hopeful!
woods still pretty dreary
So I headed out into the woods in search of spring. Yes, I know. The woods still look drab and dreary. But I had a hopeful heart. I was ready. I DEMANDED a sign of spring.
first signs of spring flowers
And I got it! Look!!! A tulip! Or possibly a daffodil. I can never tell until they get higher. SuperGuy planted tulips and daffodils all through the woods in the backyard. Mom sent the bulbs for a lot of them from Holland when they were over there on a trip. So the flowers have a lot of sentimental value besides being just darn beautiful. Yes, I know, I’m sappy like that.
more flowers pushing up through the ground Look again!! More by the fence post! It IS going to be spring just real soon now! I’m so happy!

bare feet and snow
Well, you’ve seen my toenails painted to match flowers, now you can see me barefoot in the snow. Almost. With naked nails, ’cause I said to myself, “Kacey, who’s going to see your toenails in those heavy wool socks you wear in the winter?” Who knew??

How about you? Any signs of spring where you live?

Margery March 13, 2008 at 6:24 am

No signs of spring here. We’re buried under snow that’s higher than the picnic table and BBQ, and expecting more this weekend. I’m so jealous!! :cursing:

Amy March 13, 2008 at 6:53 am

Kacey,

I noticed a lone tulip energing in my dad’s yard last week on a very cold and rainy day. It gave me hope.

Right now in my city we are experiencing high 60s and low 70s weather. That, too, lifts my spirits.

I wish I had your wooded backyard … no grass to cut!

Suzanne March 13, 2008 at 8:22 am

Now STEP in that snow barefoot. :)

Shirley March 13, 2008 at 9:12 am

We finally had some snow about a week ago. It was short lived, and we are back in the 60’s.

I had a few daffodills blooming before the snow, so they aren’t looking too good, but I have more that are blooming and getting ready to bloom. Unfortunately the purple blooming, low growing, weeds are also blooming. At least there’s some color in the yard.

WillThink4Wine March 13, 2008 at 11:34 am

Oh, how I miss my tuplis, daffodils, hydrangea and lilys from Florida. Perhaps I need to go shopping to the garden center!

Misty Dawn March 13, 2008 at 12:08 pm

You’re sappy too??? Gosh we’ve got lots in common!

Tori Lennox March 13, 2008 at 1:21 pm

We got a skunk for spring yesterday. Need a smiley that’s holding its nose. *g*

Mental Pause Mama March 13, 2008 at 2:34 pm

Cute little baby toes! i cannot wait for spring. I just got back from Virginia where it is definitely spring, and I was jealous. We are at least a month behind them. :cursing:

Melissa Marsh March 13, 2008 at 4:03 pm

We’ve had gorgeous weather the past few days – and I moved the snow shovels into the garage – that must be a sign of spring!