Want to Know a Secret?

by Kay~Kacey on 3/16/2008

Yes, it’s time for Sunday Secrets with Kacey. Want to know a secret? I’m addicted to doing jigsaw puzzles.

jigsaw puzzle with cats

No really. I think it would qualify as an addiction. I do them when I’m stressed. Or when I want to treat myself. Or when I find a really cool new puzzle. :cool:
stacks of jigsaw puzzles

I piled them on top of the bookcases in my office.

mary engelbreit jigsaw puzzle

And I can’t stand them if they have too much sky in them. Yes, who knew there were rules for jigsaw puzzles for Kacey. Well there are.
jigsaw puzzle on the table

I prefer jigsaw puzzles with 750-1000 pieces or so, they take up less room on the table. (more rules) I can get them finished in a reasonable amount of time. This winter I’ve been doing the puzzles here on my table that I didn’t want moved inside. SuperGuy cut me a piece of pegboard that I do the jigsaw puzzles on. Which lets me also quickly move it off the table if we want to eat out here. Which we’ve been doing a lot, watching the birds. Who knew that silly OUTSIDE table would come in so handy inside? Sh! Don’t tell SuperGuy. I hate it when he’s right and I’m wrong well, not as right as he was.

So how about you? Do you have a secret to tell me about yourself today on Sunday Secrets? Something to let us get to know you better?

(don’t forget to send me links to your Still Life Photo if you want to participate in this month’s Still Life Challenge-results posted on Monday!)

Margery March 16, 2008 at 6:33 am

I thought I was the only one who was addicted to jigsaw puzzles. I don’t have any room, so I bought on of those felt roll-up thingies. It’s not too bad, but I can’t just put a piece or two in at a time as I pass by. I like 1500-piece puzzles, but I won’t turn down any size.

Tori Lennox March 16, 2008 at 7:24 am

My mom’s the jigsaw puzzle junkie in our household. I like them well enough, but not like her. :smile:

Mental Pause Mama March 16, 2008 at 8:06 am

I love jigsaw puzzles, too. My cat messes it up in the middle of the night, though, so it takes us a looooong time to complete them!

WillThink4Wine March 16, 2008 at 8:07 am

We do many puzzles here also. My Dad has a board made up much like your Superguy did for you. The problem we have here is that Dad gets puzzle glue and mats them all, thinking that one day we will mat & frame them all. So far, only 2 have been framed. The other 40 or so live under my sofa. Need an interesting wall hanging? Give me a call….

Amy March 16, 2008 at 8:16 am

Okay, you’ve inspired me to take up a new hobby. I haven’t done jigsaws in YEARS! I think I’ll give one a whirl.

My Sunday Secret–which isn’t so secret and actually applies to every day of the week– is that I claim the game/puzzle page of the daily newspaper. If I ever remarry, I suppose we’ll have two have two newspaper subcriptions or a really good copier. I can become hostile over my puzzle page!

By the way, can SuperGuy be cloned?

Kate March 16, 2008 at 9:36 am

I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles. Sky and water are difficult, and some of them we’ve actually framed because they’re really cool. We got hooked on them around 4 years ago, after a life-altering event in our lives. It was the only thing that calmed my husband down, settled his brain, and that we could do together. (Well, one of the things that we could do together). We don’t do them so much anymore because he’s better now. But they sure came in handy and now that I’ve seen this post, I’m itching to get one going again!

Jean March 16, 2008 at 2:18 pm

No secrets from me, but, if you want, I’ll send my grandson to help you with your puzzle addiction/hobby. He loves puzzles and not those “baby” kids’ ones.

Crazy Daisy March 16, 2008 at 3:16 pm

I really like puzzles too! Though with school haven’t had a chance to do one in a long time!

trinity March 16, 2008 at 10:22 pm

I used to love playing jigsaw..but now I have a little kid at home that will ruin all the puzzles!! I can’t do it again.. :lol: