The First Survivor

by Kay~Kacey on 3/19/2008

So following up on my Really Happy Person post. I’m happy yet again today. Why? Remember this pic just a few weeks ago from our foot of snow?

herb pots under the snow

You know, when we were supposed to get a “few inches”. Well my old herb pots were buried under the foot of snow. But Wait! There’s more!! (I should have had a career of doing informercials on the shopping networks on TV! :smile: )

the first survivor of winter-chives

Look now! Yes, the first survivor of winter! My chives are back. Tough little fellas, aren’t they? Okay, you’ll notice the other pots are upside down, so no, I’m not expecting them to produce much this year without putting new plants in them… :coffee2: Though I do wonder, if I’d left them right side up, what else might be coming back this spring… Life lesson learned.

In other news. I’m now the eighth happiest person on the internet. What happened to being second and/or seventh?? I guess writing about how to be a really happy person made me less happy??? Now Britney is happier than I am. Who knew?? :rofl:

Amy March 19, 2008 at 6:52 am

There are any life lessons in the emergence of those chives. Strength, determination …

Britney is happier than you? She doesn’t even have a SuperGuy. What’s with that?!

Mental Pause Mama March 19, 2008 at 7:27 am

Ah, the chives of March….I hope you are staying above the flood waters out there. :bath:

Melissa Marsh March 19, 2008 at 9:22 am

Yay, the chives survived!

Country Girl March 19, 2008 at 10:12 am

OMG, I love it, Mental P:
The Chives of March.

:lol:

Tori Lennox March 19, 2008 at 10:19 am

I can’t help wondering how Britney got to be happier than you. Was it legal??? :rofl:

Kacey March 19, 2008 at 10:22 am

MPM….LOL!! Chives of March!! Wish I would have thought of that for a title for this post!!

Tori…how DID Britney get to be happier than I am?? It’s a :wallbash: mystery.

Mary March 19, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Kacey,
I’m sure Britney’s happiness was pharmaceutically-enhanced, while you have … CHIVES!!! No contest!
xoxo,
Mary

Christine March 19, 2008 at 4:35 pm

Ahhh spring! We’re still waiting. We had snow flurries just the other day. :cursing: Nothing has popped up out of the ground here. I’m stalking, though. :wink:

TSannie March 19, 2008 at 5:44 pm

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! IT’S 6:41PM HERE, I JUST GOOGLED “REALLY HAPPY PERSON”. GUESS WHAT???!!?!?!

KACEY, YOU ARE #1. Not 3, not 2, not 7 BUT #1!!!

YEA! :grin:

BeachMama March 19, 2008 at 6:57 pm

Wow all your Spring photos are making me just a little jealous. Although I am happy that your foot of snow has melted, I am a little sad that our rain today didn’t melt as much as I had hoped. Soon, Spring will come soon… I hope as it will be Spring technically tomorrow!

Hillbilly2 March 20, 2008 at 7:58 am

Yeah, 1st day of spring! The chives are awakened. Won’t be long now for shorts, flip flops, and flowers all over. Happy, happy, happy. Who needs pharmaceuticles when you have chives!

Misty Dawn March 20, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Yummmmm – I love sour cream and chives!!!