Unusual Holiday Traditions

by Kay~Kacey on 3/25/2008

Yes, we have some unusual holiday traditions. What can I say. Like how we shoot dyed eggs with a sling shot. Into the woods behind the house. Trying to hit a plastic blow up Easter Bunny hung from a tree. I bet none of you have a tradition as weird as that, now do you? The good thing? The deer then come up and eat the eggs. Good photo op :mrgreen:

Not to be deterred by the fact that we have no woods this year. We have a beach. We brought the sling shot. Okay, so we didn’t actually dye the eggs this year, but we boiled them for ammunition… :shock: We know how to make our own fun.

sling shot easter eggs

Pull it back.

watch the eggs fly

Watch the eggs fly. Watch the seagulls swoop. Who can shoot it the furthest??

Who can shoot it the furthest? You’ll notice it wasn’t me. Here is the egg falling out of the sling shot. Right in front of me. While I’m midway to falling on my butt. Yep, I was so not the winner of the egg sling shot contest. At all.falling egg

(notice I went out searching for a connection so I could upload some photos. The things I do for you guys. I’m just nice like that. :wink: What, you’re wondering if the phone guys showed up to fix the wireless?? :rofl: As if!)

So can any of you beat our holiday tradition??

WillThink4Wine March 25, 2008 at 6:38 am

You are so thoughtful Kacey! Finding a free broadband signal just for us? Because the photo of you dropping an egg WHILE falling on your butt will give me many snickers to help me make it through the day! :rofl:

Mental Pause Mama March 25, 2008 at 8:19 am

Barefoot on Easter…I am sooo envious. I think I put on my heavy coat for the first time on Sunday. Have a fun time, and don’t think about your wireless woes too much! :beer:

Melissa Marsh March 25, 2008 at 8:48 am

I gotta say, that is one of the best holiday traditions I’ve heard of! LOVE it.

My Easter tradition is watching The Ten Commandments. And I didn’t even do that this year.

Shirley March 25, 2008 at 9:29 am

I can in no way touch that tradition :lol: .

And I envy you on the beach having so much fun.

Suzanne March 25, 2008 at 9:41 am

You look like you’re having a blast!

Mary March 25, 2008 at 11:04 am

Damn, I want a tradition like that. ‘Cause my only tradition is stealing candy from my kid’s baskets.

Gotta go — the contents of my dining room closet are spread out on every available surface in the room…

What was I thinking?!
xoxo,
Mary

Tori Lennox March 25, 2008 at 12:09 pm

You do have some strange traditions, but we’re very thankful you found a signal so you could upload some pictures. :smile:

Kate March 25, 2008 at 12:18 pm

Sure looks like fun to me! Thanks so much for your undying efforts to find a connection!

Hillbilly2 March 25, 2008 at 1:14 pm

My family usually has an Easter Egg hunt. The kids are getting too big for that. I’ve been thinking of finding a new tradition. Where do you find a sling shot like that? It looks like so much fun and just right up my family’s alley.

Kelly Boyce March 25, 2008 at 2:39 pm

That looks like way to much fun. We don’t have any Easter traditions…other than eating lots of food. Does that count?

sarah bean March 25, 2008 at 3:39 pm

now that, is a seriously cool easter tradition right there :lol:

Crazy Daisy March 25, 2008 at 4:03 pm

sounds like fun! especially in warm weather!

Christine March 26, 2008 at 12:56 pm

OMGosh! I never ever heard of traditions like those but they sure look like fun!!! :coffee2:

Misty Dawn March 26, 2008 at 7:44 pm

I wanna spend Easter with you! It certainly looks like you had a much more fun day than I did!