Fleeting Perfect Moments in Life

by Kay~Kacey on 3/30/2008

fort morgan sand dunes
It was 2:30 am Saturday morning. We were still another half an hour from home during a 12 hour drive back from vacation. You would think that everyone would be tired and cranky. Or asleep.

I sat in the very back on the mini van. The white line of the highway stretched out in front of us dancing in the car’s headlights. The interior lights cast a low glow inside the car. Music played on the radio. The low bass voices of my son and my husband filled the car as they sang along with the music.

It was one of those moments that comes in so crystal clear. So sharply focused it took my breath away. One of those moments I’ll keep with me forever. Not a big momentous occasion. A tiny real life moment. When all is exactly right with my world and my heart is filled to over flowing.

Here’s hoping I stop and notice, really notice, more of those fleeting perfect moments in life.

Amy March 30, 2008 at 8:18 am

It’s pretty amazing how those so called “fleeting moments” can be so powerful and remain with us forever. They can be among our finest memories!

Tara March 30, 2008 at 11:51 am

Hi Kacey

So nice to meet you! Thanks for hopping over to my blog for a visit–what a nice spot here, I’ll be back for sure!

Glad you enjoyed your vaca!

:0)
Tara

Hillbilly2 March 30, 2008 at 12:43 pm

What a beautiful picture. I love the beach. Perfect picture to go along with the perfect fleeting moment! :wink:

Connie March 30, 2008 at 1:25 pm

Kacie,

Thank you for visiting with me on my blog. Those fleeting moments in life that you speak of are like dandelion seeds, they float around all the time, we just need to stop and watch. I’m looking forward to this “journey” that I started.

Take care,
Connie

Tori Lennox March 30, 2008 at 1:40 pm

What a wonderful image!

Kate March 30, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Kacey, there is something to be said about being in a car with your family, and driving at night. Not everyone is asleep. It’s like you’re in a safe little cocoon. My youngest son told me once that one of his favorite childhood memories was that of driving down to the beach, in the middle of the night. It was raining lightly and the windshield wipers were going and his mother and father were talking quietly and his brother was asleep next to him. He said he felt ‘safe’. Thanks for allowing me to remember his memory.

Betty Underground March 30, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Ah, see, those moments at first considered fleeting, are the ones that become to building blocks of our lives. The moments when time stands still and clarity is handed to us.