How Males Do Chores

by Kay~Kacey on 4/7/2008

So I asked SuperGuy (nicely) if he would move the thistle bird feeder up closer to the house. Because I want to be able to take closer closeups of the little birds, like the finches, that come to the thistle feeder. After I convinced him the bird feeder wouldn’t look silly up beside the other bird feeder :roll: Off he goes to move the feeder. (Why did he even have an opinion on this? Beats me. :?: I can’t figure out the weird things males have opinions on, then the BIG THINGS that they have NO opinion on.) But I digress…

move the birdfeeder

First he enlists the help of The Geeky One who was in town for the weekend. They look at the feeder. Talk about it.

discussion of move

They talk about it some more. Point. Talk. Just move the darn feeder. At this point I’m thinking they’re going to need to take a break and grab a beer or something.

distractions

Well, then they get distracted. Look! A shiny ball!! Males cannot resist any kind of ball.

do I need to comment on this

Do I even need to comment on this pic? Do males ever really make it through a task without getting distracted? By then I realized I should just move the bird feeder myself…

the geeky one

Finally, The Geeky One has had enough and heads back to college. But not without his mom grabbing one more quick last shot with my new lens. I just know The Geeky One is going to miss my lens being shoved me taking pictures of him all the time every so often.

WillThink4Wine April 7, 2008 at 5:51 am

I’m so jealous Kacey, you’re surrounded by Testosterone AND you got a new lens?

Mental P Mama April 7, 2008 at 7:11 am

Well, did they finish? I live the very same life…only my males get distracted by things that aren’t even shiny. :wallbash: Hope your finches are nearby…the goldfinches here in Connecticut are already brilliant yellow!

Hillbilly2 April 7, 2008 at 7:24 am

We have that problem. Nothing is simple, everything has to be made technical. :crazy2: Cause if it were that simple, anyone could do it. Right!

Ash April 7, 2008 at 8:01 am

Hahaha…this was great! I always have my camera in my kids faces as well and they are sick of it…but, they are good and love their mamma…so it shall continue! I can’t wait to see your pics of finches!

Blogarita April 7, 2008 at 8:17 am

Like you said, they either over-analyze something or don’t think about it enough. Men! :roll:

Tori Lennox April 7, 2008 at 9:19 am

So, did the feeder ever get moved???

Shirley April 7, 2008 at 9:36 am

Love the one of SuperGuy holding the ball. Is that ‘The Thinker’ pose?

What a hoot! And I have to add my question, did the feeder get moved?

Christine April 7, 2008 at 9:39 am

ROFLOL I can so relate!! My husband gets distracted to. And he overanalyzes the small stuff all the time. I asked him to put some DVDs and CDs in a case. He contemplated how he was going to do this. Then he started putting them in alphabetical order. 2 weeks later, he is *still* doing this seemingly simple task. What are we to do with these males??

Kacey April 7, 2008 at 10:05 am

Yes, the feeders did finally get moved. After all the talking, pointing, talking, etc. Oh, and playing with the shiny ball :roll:

Once the sun hits the feeder today, I’m all about finch pictures!

Country Girl April 7, 2008 at 10:13 am

Oh, I love the pic of Super Thinker! Too good. Really nice, Kacey!

Misty Dawn April 7, 2008 at 10:20 am

Ahahahaha! What a great, funny, fun… and TRUE post! Loved this Kacey – great pics too!

Melissa Marsh April 7, 2008 at 10:53 am

Hahaha…love the photo of Superguy holding the shiny ball!

Mary April 7, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Wait a minute, males do chores?! Just kidding. Mine are willing, but not too handy. A deficiency of the Mr. Goodwrench gland.
xoxo,
Mary

chanda April 7, 2008 at 3:00 pm

I work with the same kind of men. What could be finished in a whopping 5 minutes, takes two weeks, 6 meetings, 4 white sheets, and some form of divine intervention. Men! Gotta luv em.

Amy Addison April 7, 2008 at 4:01 pm

You got a new lens? Oooooh, what is it? :love:

dlyn April 7, 2008 at 10:06 pm

A cute son, a moved bird feeder and a new lens? What could be better than that?

Crazy Daisy April 8, 2008 at 2:32 pm