Road Trip

by Kay~Kacey on 4/12/2008

So we headed out on our road trip. Pouring down rain. You know the kind, where you can hardly see through the windshield.
hands on the steering wheel

SuperGuy drove, of course. Not that I’m a bad driver, but it would have driven him insane to be out of control with me driving in the horrible rain. It might have driven me insane for him to sit in the passenger seat and “instruct” me. :wink:

profile view of driver

Besides, the view was kind of nice…

storm breaking up

Finally, about an hour and a half into the trip, the storm started to break up. Don’t you love those clouds right at the horizen?

cloudy sky

We had fabulous cloudy sky views then. I took a ton of pics. Unfortunately, through the window, with the car going, so not so many turned out. We stopped at a couple of Antique Malls along the way. We love to browse through them. Found a silver plated angel candle holder. I’ll have to get her cleaned up and post a pic. I was looking for tea cups, as always, to add to my collection, but didn’t find any I loved. I’m also looking for an antique tea cart in mahogany or cherry for my dining room. All we found were modern reproductions. Ah well, half the fun is in the hunt.

Meramec Caverns

I’ll leave you with a typical site we had: Meramec Caverns signs painted on the roofs of old barns.

So we arrived safely and had an enjoyable trip over. We’ll see if the predictions of snow showers for the trip home hold true :mad2:

annbb April 12, 2008 at 6:56 am

I love skies like that…happy trails! :cool:

Mental P Mama April 12, 2008 at 6:58 am

Ummm, that was me that said that…Annie was messin’ around over here yesterday! But “m sure she would say the same! :roll:

Amy April 12, 2008 at 7:31 am

I’ve never heard of those caverns. Have you ever seen “See Rock City” barns? I’ve seen a lot of those here in the south.

Kacey April 12, 2008 at 7:34 am

MPM, Annie just likes to mess with your mind :razz:

Amy, I almost mentioned See Rock City Barns in my post! I need a pic of that too!

Hillbilly2 April 12, 2008 at 7:40 am

Great pictures, I love them all! :grin:

ellen b April 12, 2008 at 8:48 am

Nice trip. I know exactly what you mean about the hunt. What fun it will be when you do find that tea cart. Enjoy the journey…

Tori Lennox April 12, 2008 at 10:48 am

I love those old advertising barns! I’ve seen both the Meremac Caverns ones and the “See Rock City” ones!

WillThink4Wine April 12, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Love the painted roof barn photo! I wish I had a man who enjoyed road trips and journeys to find hidden treasures! He really is SuperGuy!!

annbb/TSannie June 27, 2008 at 9:40 am

There is absolutely NOTHING BETTER than a Missouri sky. And if there’s clouds in it, all the better!

That Meramac Caverns barn makes me so homesick!