All About Perspectives

by Kay~Kacey on 4/18/2008

I know I say this often, but I truly feel that life is all about perspectives. If you think your life is great, it starts to become great. If you think it sucks…it does. Oh, everyone has the real life ups and downs. People get sick. Get in trouble. Die. But if you think your life is lousy. Everyday. Why not do something about it?

ansel adams in mirro

Sometimes life seems to turn us on our head. Upside down. Backwards. We think we’re more stressed, busier, have it harder than the next person.

tree branch and ansel adams

Sometimes when we get so busy looking at the branch right there in our face.

ansel adams photo

We forget to see the beauty behind the branch.

Okay, was that whole thing obscure enough for you?? What I mean is, yes, I have The Mother’s Dilemma with both boys graduating the same day, same time, two different cities. But, you know, neither of them seems to be as upset about this as I am. You all gave great advice. I’ll just pick one and get video from the other. A matter of fact, I think the high school one might be showing on a local cable station off and on for a few days. The boys both know I love them. So I’ll do what feels right at the time, and life goes on.

Besides this post gave me an opportunity to play with some fun shots of The Photography One’s Ansel Adams framed photo he has in his apartment. See, life is good. It’s all in how you look at it.

Are you a glass half full or a glass half empty type person? Do you sometimes start thinking your life is so much more crazy :crazy2: than the next person’s? Sometimes it’s good to just step back and laugh at ourselves. :lol: A trip to an Antique Mall doesn’t hurt either!

Becky April 18, 2008 at 7:12 am

My glass is half full, but somebody keeps dumping it out! :cursing:
Not crazier than the next, but right there with them! I keep telling them I’m gonna take my half full glass and run away with it! :wink:

Amy April 18, 2008 at 7:15 am

What a beautiful analogy using the mirror, Ansel Adams print, and branch. Love it!

You’re right. The kids usually take thing better than us moms. We become racked with guilt (I’ve been there many times).

All will be well!

LauraP April 18, 2008 at 7:21 am

Glass half full, an embarassment of riches — ’tis a good life even when it’s crazy full and I can’t keep up.

annbb April 18, 2008 at 8:30 am

My glass is half full….always!

Lovely post, Kacey.

chanda April 18, 2008 at 8:32 am

Usually my glass is half full, but in darker moments I just drink the bottle. :)

Treasia April 18, 2008 at 8:45 am

You know I used to be a glass half full person but lately I am more of the glass if always half empty and someone is drinking from it more and more. I so need to change my way of thinking and get back to being ME.

ellen b April 18, 2008 at 8:58 am

good advice! Yep I’m a glass half full person and I do like to keep a good perspective on my life and this world be are passing through. I hope you can enjoy whatever graduation you go to :)

ellen b April 18, 2008 at 8:59 am

Or “we” are passing through

Shimmy Mom April 18, 2008 at 9:21 am

I’ve always liked to think of myself as optimistic so I think I’m a glass half full kinda gal. But I think that you were right and EVERYONE has moments of feeling like they are stuck. And an Antique Mall ALWAYS helps. lol

Christine April 18, 2008 at 9:46 am

I used to be a huge pessimist but within the last few years I’ve become more of a “the glass is half full” kind of gal. Surviving through some of life’s toughest adversity showed me that I am strong and can survive through all kids of stuff. Yea, sometimes I feel life is spiraling out of control but I always try to see that there are others worse off and I don’t have it so bad afterall. :bath:

Amy Addison April 18, 2008 at 10:02 am

Glass half full. There are too many things to be thankful for to wish for what you don’t have.

Shirley April 18, 2008 at 11:07 am

I’m a glass half full person. Sometimes I think it should be half full of Tequilla, but it’s always at least half full.

I also live a sheltered life(thank the Good Lord), and I wouldn’t trade my life for anything. I have a great family, good job and get some vacation time whenever I need it, with just enough struggles to keep me grounded.

Tori Lennox April 18, 2008 at 11:50 am

My glass is either half full or half empty depending on how I’m feeling at the moment. *g*

Love Ansel Adams!

Stacy April 18, 2008 at 2:13 pm

This was really nice to read =) I use to be a drama queen thinking “MY GLASS!” More then wondering about how full it was =p Now im pretty satisfied with everything in my life so i’d say its half full =p

Suzanne April 18, 2008 at 6:27 pm

I strive to be half full. Sometimes I’m half empty. :evil:

WillThink4Wine April 18, 2008 at 7:03 pm

Mine is half full! :beer: ooops, as a matter of fact, at the moment my wine glass is ::gasp:: empty. Ah, well… it’s bed time anyways!

I’m so glad you’ve made peace with the gradualtion thing!

Kate April 18, 2008 at 7:11 pm

Of course it’s a bigger deal to you than your sons think it is to them. You’re the mother and are having to face ‘choosing’ one son over the other by deciding which ceremony to attend. Let them choose? Draw straws? It’s hard!!! And I can really relate to this dilemna.
Sometimes I think I have so many worries, but I’m an optimist so everything seems better than it is, I guess.

Artful post! Loved it.
:typing:

Tracey April 19, 2008 at 3:55 pm

Amen for antique malls! Oh, and I am a half-full person ;0)

Shalet April 20, 2008 at 8:03 pm

Half full here too but with the occasional spilling of the glass. Thanks for the reminder. :o)