Chore List

by Kay~Kacey on 4/21/2008

“We” do lots of chores on the weekend. You know, it’s kind of like catch up time.

filling thistle feeder

“We” fill the far away thistle feeder.

thistle feeder

“We” fill the close up thistle feeder. Which the impossible to photograph finches don’t hang out on.

filling the bird feeder

“We” fill the bird feeder where the cardinals hang out.

we get sidetracked

Then “we” get sidetracked. I mean HE gets sidetracked. Males ALWAYS get sidetracked when they do chores.

cute deer in backyard

So you know these cute little deer that provide me with so many photographic opportunities??

tulips as deer food

They did this to my tulips! SuperGuy was NOT amused. I suggested not putting out any more tulip bulbs in the backyard. :mad2:

daffodils and grape hyacinths

Thank goodness they don’t like the daffodils and grape hyacinths!! Who knew??

Rosie's Whimsy April 21, 2008 at 6:13 am

Hehehe….that looks like my Hubby filling all his feeders. Between deer and voles I’ve learned my lesson on tulips. I even have a Rhodo on the edge of the woods that always gets chomped in April. Every winter I think I’ve made it and then April comes……and the buds are gone along with the top leaves!! SO, she will get moved to year to the front. Have a Spectacular Week. :-) Rosie

Tracey April 21, 2008 at 6:25 am

Hey! I’m the one who takes care of the feeders! Maybe I will have to get that changed! Oh, and I feel your deer pain. They have killed 2 of our cypress trees using them as a “rub” tree, the jerks. :mad:

Amy April 21, 2008 at 6:57 am

I want a man around this house to help with chores!

Suzanne April 21, 2008 at 7:46 am

That is too bad about the tulips!!! The grape hyacinths are really pretty.

mary April 21, 2008 at 8:16 am

Damn deer — they even much my roses, thorns and all! Love your daffs and grape hyacinths!
xoxo,
Mary

Treasia April 21, 2008 at 8:29 am

Very pretty flowers that are left. I don’t know if it works or not but years ago someone told me if you take your hair (from haircuts) and place that around your flower beds that deer would not come near it. This person always went to the beauty shops and swept up hair there for it. You might try it anyway.

Christine April 21, 2008 at 8:56 am

“We” do alot of chores around here too on the weekend. Unfortunately, “we” includes “me”, too. :rofl:

Becky April 21, 2008 at 9:26 am

This weeked our chores composed mostly of mowing. We have a lot to mow. But first we had to fix the lawnmower My Sweetie broke last weekend. Your flowers are pretty, sorry about the tulips!

Shimmy Mom April 21, 2008 at 9:33 am

“We” do lots of weekend chores too. Unfortunately this weekend both his parents and my parents needed help at their homes this weekend. Plus “Princess” (my #3) had gymnastics and “Big Bro” (my #1) had lawn mowing. So NONE of chores that got done this weekend were at my house. I guess we’ll be really busy next weekend. :mrgreen:

Kacey April 21, 2008 at 9:42 am

Yes, I have a love/hate relationship with the deer. Love them in the winter when I get great pics of them, not so much in the spring/summer when they destroy things.

Shimmy Mom, I”m with you on doing chores at OTHERS’ houses! Sometimes I think we’ll never catch up around our own house!

Amy Addison April 21, 2008 at 10:23 am

When my parents first moved to property (from the suburbs) they thought the deer were cute. Not so much since they ate my mom’s garden.

annbb/TSannie April 21, 2008 at 11:32 am

Thank God they won’t eat daffodils.

Mental P Mama April 21, 2008 at 11:36 am

Kacey–get some Milorganite fertilizer and sprinkle it around your tulips. The deer hate it. You have to reapply after a heavy rain, but it works wonders!

Pam April 21, 2008 at 11:49 am

Those deer are so cute, BUT so frustrating. They nibbled the ends of the branches of about 7 of our baby apple trees!!! :(

WillThink4Wine April 21, 2008 at 6:32 pm

I SO have to get me a SuperGuy. My sister’s tulips get munched every year by her deer, too. Beats me why she still plants them.

Kate April 21, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Sigh. Always good to see Super Guy posts. And here he is doing chores. Even better.

:angel:

Michelle Willingham April 21, 2008 at 7:44 pm

You have the best pictures! Love the Spring flowers. Wonder if there’s something you could put on the tulips to keep the deer away?