Life in Focus-The Dogwood

by Kay~Kacey on 4/27/2008

dogwood

And another one:

white dogwood

After all, I don’t see why I am always asking for private, individual, selfish miracles when every year there are miracles like white dogwood. ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I love dogwoods. Especially white dogwoods. They remind me of the backyard of the home I grew up in. Warm weather and games of kick the can with the neighborhood kids. The ice cream man would start to come around up and down the streets playing his music – a siren call to all the kids. Spring camping trips with dogwoods scattered through the woods at the camp, the creeks running with the rainfall of spring storms. Dogwoods make me smile.

What’s your favorite spring flowering tree in your area?

Shimmy Mom April 27, 2008 at 7:18 am

I love cherry trees. Those pink little puffy blossoms excite me. Beautiful pics.

Blogarita April 27, 2008 at 8:04 am

There are so many to choose from. We have a crab apple and a redbud that are lovely right now. But I have to agree with you that the dogwood is my favorite. And someday I will have one in my yard.

Mental P Mama April 27, 2008 at 8:15 am

My weeping cherry…our dogwoods are a few weeks behind yours. They look like they may pop the end of the week. I love them all!

TSanniebb April 27, 2008 at 8:46 am

Dogwoods, too. Unless lilacs become trees instead of bushes!

ellen b April 27, 2008 at 9:03 am

I really love the Dogwood and I also love the lilac!
Your photos are beautiful…

Queen Of Planet Hotflash April 27, 2008 at 9:35 am

I have to say redbud trees, they canopy the backroads in someplaces here in Kentucky when the sun shines mother nature in all her glory :lol:

Treasia April 27, 2008 at 9:43 am

I have to say for me it’s a Magnolia tree. I love the beauty and the scent of those. Like another poster said If a lilac becomes a tree then that’s another one of my favorites. Plus I love tulip trees.

Let’s see now, I’ve narrowed it down to all the flowering trees. :rofl:

Becky April 27, 2008 at 10:03 am

I love the dogwood also!
Then it’s the apple trees!
Love your pics! :love:

Amy Addison April 27, 2008 at 11:46 am

I like white dogwoods, too. Also, white blooming cherry and of course, the apple blossoms, even though they have some pink in them.

Suzanne April 27, 2008 at 1:26 pm

I love dogwoods! (That first shot is GORGEOUS!)

Kacey April 27, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Just looking at this post today makes me smile. I do so love dogwoods. Though I like some of the other suggestions here too. Cherry trees. Redbuds. Oh, and mom has a crab apple that is really pretty.

Maybe I just like spring….

Christine April 27, 2008 at 5:09 pm

I like them all!!! :love:

Rosie's Whimsy April 27, 2008 at 5:55 pm

I love Dogwoods, too…….but the Weeping Cherry reminds me of when my son was born….so it has a special place in my heart.

kendra April 27, 2008 at 7:46 pm

I love Magnolia trees. Gorgeous. Not naturally from my area, but they are becoming hardier and making it in NW PA.

Anne Morrow Lindbergh- I love her book, Gifts From the Sea. It compares the stages of a woman’s life to seashells. Great read.

Elizabeth April 27, 2008 at 9:57 pm

I have to go with cherry trees too, but your photos of dogwood blossoms are lovely!

Steph April 27, 2008 at 11:49 pm

ALL OF THEM!!! I am so in love with spring right now, all the flowering trees are making me soooo happy.

Country Girl April 28, 2008 at 1:05 pm

I love the cherry trees first. Second is the pink dogwood. Nice pics, Kacey!