Give it Your Best Shot

by Kay~Kacey on 4/29/2008

Yes, it’s that time again. Time for the Photo of the Month!

dogwood after the rain

Yes, it’s time to pick out your favorite photo for April and let me know. Use my contact form to send me the link to your photo or blog post that contains the photo. Just like last month, I’ll do no editing to your photos, except if I have to size it down to fit on the blog post.

Bonus points if you title your photo!!

You have until midnight, April 30th (CST) to send me a link to your photos. I’ll get the photo of the month post up within the first few days of May. If you’re new to the blog, here’s a link to last month’s Photo of the Month contest. The competition was fierce. I heard people were bribing the judges. People texted in their votes. They called in to 1-800-pho-toss to register their votes. (okay, okay, maybe not QUITE that big a deal…but there WAS a poll!)

dogwood flowers

BUT WAIT! There’s more! In other big news…

Apple came out with all new computers on Monday. Yes, two days after I bought my iMac. :wallbash: The same amount I paid TWO DAYS AGO, now gets you a faster processor and twice the memory. So what does any ticked off consumer do? She marches down to the Apple store. So I could either return my iMac (and the two days I spent setting it up were wasted…and I’d have to set up the new computer…and, you know, two MORE days of setup) or…they’d credit me back for $215. So, I did what any sane photography nut would do. I took the cash back and put it into my new macro lens fund :mrgreen:

Becky April 29, 2008 at 7:14 am

What a crock! :wtf:
That would have been a tough decision!
I probably would have done the same thing, but I would have been fuming. :cursing:

Mental P Mama April 29, 2008 at 8:03 am

Yay! Macro lens fund! Deciding which masterpiece :rofl: to submit…

Suzanne April 29, 2008 at 8:17 am

So when are you getting the new macro lens? :)

Country Girl April 29, 2008 at 10:05 am

Kacey, this second picture is absolutely lovely. I will never win now.

Ok. Now to decide which photo to submit. Hey, this is fun!

:coffee2:

I don’t mean that swimming in my coffee is fun, I mean choosing the photo is fun. I just needed to reiterate that statement.

Country Girl April 29, 2008 at 10:06 am

Any limit to number of pics we can submit?

Country Girl April 29, 2008 at 10:06 am

Keep it to one pic?

Have you noticed I’m adding lots of comments. Always good to have lots of comments.

Christine April 29, 2008 at 10:08 am

I’m with MPM… deciding which photo to submit! I took more this month than in any past months. You need to make a theme to help *me* to decide! LOL

Kacey April 29, 2008 at 10:18 am

Kate, Kate, Kate…what are we going to do with you?? One photo. Photo of the Month contest. Not PhotoS of the month contest :mrgreen: Mainly because it takes me forever to do the post up with even just one photo per entrant.

Oh, I like the idea of a theme though. Maybe for May I’ll come up with a theme and post it at the beginning of the month. Great idea. Always like to try something different!

I haven’t even decided which of my photos I’m going to pick! (And why do you think I posted these glorious dogwood photos in this post? I needed more photos to choose from for me!)

Shimmy Mom April 29, 2008 at 10:35 am

Isn’t that always how life goes? I don’t like that man Murphy. lol Good for you getting your money back. I want a Macro lens really bad. I’ll be really happy for you when you get it.

Shimmy Mom April 29, 2008 at 11:22 am

:grin: Okay here you go. http://shimmymom.blogspot.com (April 29, 2008, post entitled Whata Shot) the picture is there (along with a couple of others, but I labeled it the one I’m entering) I know I don’t stand a chance but it was fun to scroll through this months photos again, so Thanks!

Shimmy Mom April 29, 2008 at 11:26 am

:grin: Okay here you go. http://shimmymom.blogspot.com (April 29, 2008 post entitled Whata Shot.) It’s there with a couple of others, (it’s the first one and labeled.) I know I don’t stand a chance, but it was fun to go through all of this months photos again so Thanks!
(Sorry if this is a duplicate, it didn’t show up the first time I hit submit. computers and I don’t get along very well.)

Tracey April 29, 2008 at 2:53 pm

I am saving up for a new macro too. I haven’t gotten very far yet, though :sad:

dlyn April 29, 2008 at 3:47 pm

Having a hard time deciding on my first ever entry in this contest. This is it though – the 7th one down in last Wednesday’s post – the daylily foliage.

My macro lens fund is distressingly empty :(

TSannieBB April 29, 2008 at 7:41 pm

The computer thing stinks! Wish there was a way of knowing what was up as far as new stuff…Oh well, that macro lens – that’s a good thing too!

My entry for the monthly contest: It’s the first picture from this 4/13/08 blog entry:

Kacey – let me know if you can’t navigate to my profoundly moving picture from the above link. ;-) (ha!)

mary April 29, 2008 at 7:46 pm

I’m with Kate — that second photo is absolutely stunning! Back tomorow with my entry…
xoxo,
Mary

LauraP April 29, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Love those dogwoods. The only thing better than white dogwoods are pink ones, and I have sentimental reasons for prefering those.

My entry is the sleeping puppies at http://realdirt.blogspot.com/2008/04/two-sables.html

Country Girl April 30, 2008 at 10:25 am

Kacey, Kacey, Kacey, I have no idea what you’re going to do with me.

This month, I’m entering a horse.

or some flowers.

or a macro shot.

I dunno.

Country Girl April 30, 2008 at 10:33 am

Ok. I’m going with the horse.

Will this work? It’s the top pic on my post today. Yes, let’s do a theme next month!!!

Jeannelle April 30, 2008 at 11:03 am

Hi, Kacey!

Here’s my entry:

Title is: “Go Ahead…..Call Me Bent & Tangled”

Thanks!! This is a cool thing to do! :cool:

Jeannelle April 30, 2008 at 11:07 am

(I sent this once, but where did it go?)

Hi, Kacey!

Here’s my photo, entitled, “Go Ahead……Call Me Bent & Tangled”.

Thanks!! This is fun!! :cool:

Marcie April 30, 2008 at 11:43 am

My first time doing this too…and am having a tough time deciding which is my favorite photo this month. Everything is so delicious in the spring!

Am going with this:

Jeannelle April 30, 2008 at 12:26 pm

Hi, Kacey!

Here’s my photo, entitled “Go Ahead……Call Me Bent & Tangled”.

Thanks for doing this! Fun, fun! :cool:

Jeannelle April 30, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Hi, Kacey!

Here’s my photo, entitled “Go Ahead……Call Me Bent & Tangled”.

Thanks for doing this! Fun, fun!