Teach Your Children Well

by Kay~Kacey on 5/9/2008

It was The Impish One’s last day of high school. Ever. (Knock on wood –grades still to come :wink: )

last day of high school

He just looks like he’s up to no good, doesn’t he?? Like he’s thinking of the next way to be impish?? Maybe he’s thinking of ways to avoid my camera…

Anway, he was SO excited about high school being over! But not any happier than I was!

The Impish One had an awesome high school counselor though. If I didn’t already have a first born 24 years ago, I’d name my first born after her :wink: Bless her and the many lives of kids she has touched through the years.

Well, I’m just glad to be finished with high school! Well, you know, it’s not like I was going to high school. Well I DID go to high school years ago. Wait, this doesn’t even make sense. I’ll quit now. Really. Anyway… Yay!! :beer: (is it proper to toast a beer to a kid’s high school days ending? Probably not…) Of course I still have the graduation issue to figure out… Anyway all my children are finished with high school. Boggle. I’m not old enough for that to have happened… :crazy2:

Becky May 9, 2008 at 7:04 am

He has that look, like mine would have. “Mom, enough with the pictures already!” :roll:
Good luck to him in the next endeavor!
And Good luck to you on the graduation thing resolution! :mrgreen:

Razor Family Farms May 9, 2008 at 7:52 am

Upon graduation, I was given a tent and camping gear by a family friend. It was probably one of the best gifts I can remember getting — ever. That summer, instead of beach trips and college parties — my friends and I camped the George Washington National Forest. It was absolutely amazing.

Congratulations to you son and to you for surviving both middle and high school! I am wishing you both a joyous summer full of adventure and fun!

Blessings!
Lacy

Mental P Mama May 9, 2008 at 8:26 am

Wow! Good job. And that baby of yours is adorable :razz:

Treasia May 9, 2008 at 8:28 am

Congratulations to Impish One and you! He has this look like “Am I really going to miss this or not”?

One more year for me with my Princess! I am so ready for it too.

Christine May 9, 2008 at 9:55 am

Congratulations!! What a milestone! And yea… he does look like he is up to something. :cool:

Country Girl May 9, 2008 at 10:07 am

According to etiquette rules, it is proper to toast a beer to a high school graduate. But not with the graduate themself.

Razor Farms, that was an awesome graduation gift! The George Washington Nat’l Forest is truly beautiful. And they let you have campfires there, unlike Shenandoah Nat’l Park, right nearby.

And Kacey, you should know by now that I made up that etiquette rule.

Amy Addison May 9, 2008 at 12:41 pm

The beer is for you, right? Because after getting 3 boys THROUGH puberty and high school, I’m guessing you need it.

Congraduation to The Impish One.

And to Mom.

Shimmy Mom May 9, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Congratulations! His half of the toast can be Root Beer, we’ll believe you.
I’ve too don’t feel old enough to have children doing what they are. I’ve decided to stop having birthdays.

mary May 9, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Congratulations, and happy mother’s day to you!
xoxo,
Mary

Tina May 9, 2008 at 4:37 pm

Congrats, I also have my youngest graduating this year. I am so glad to be done with high school too. I think it was harder on me than on her.

Suzanne May 9, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Wow!! Congratulations! And he is such a cutie!

annbb May 9, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Bittersweet congratulations coming your way.

It all goes so DAMN FAST!