My Favorite Flower

by Kay~Kacey on 5/10/2008

Astramaris, my favorite pick-up-at-the-grocery-store flower.

orange astramaris

I love the orange variety. Even if people spell this flower all sorts of ways. Astramaria. Alstroemeria. I love it no matter how you want to spell it.

red and pink astramaria

I love the dark pink and white ones.

astramaria in soft light

I love them in soft, delicate light. I especially love them when SuperGuy screws up sometimes and then brings them to me for a “please forgive me” present. Like these :mrgreen:

dlyn May 10, 2008 at 7:53 am

Me too! My Mother’s Day bouquet has a bunch of the orangey ones in it. It seems that technically speaking they should grow here so I am going to give them a try.

Suzanne May 10, 2008 at 9:09 am

Awww, how sweet! And they’re so pretty!

Treasia May 10, 2008 at 9:51 am

I love those as well. In fact we used them in our centerpiece decorations on the tables in our wedding reception. But my entire life I have thought they were mini tiger lilies. LOL.

Amy Addison May 10, 2008 at 10:49 am

Very , very pretty.

Shimmy Mom May 10, 2008 at 11:42 am

Gorgeous. I like please forgive me flowers too. That and just for the heck of it flowers. Those are the best.

Tori Lennox May 10, 2008 at 1:02 pm

So pretty!!!

Kate May 10, 2008 at 2:25 pm

No. No. No. Super Guy did NOT screw up. There are just some things that I do not want to believe!!

Pics are nice, though!

:grin:

Christine May 10, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Gorgeous photos!! Makes me wanna buy myself some “please forgive me” flowers. ONe can offend oneself, right?? LOL

WillThink4Wine May 10, 2008 at 2:52 pm

So THAT’S what they’re called! You mean Super Guy makes male blunders occasionaly? There is a chink in his armor? Whew. All is right with the universe again!

Misty Dawn May 10, 2008 at 2:56 pm

They are absolutely gorgeous. Although, I must admit I’m a bit jealous that you get flowers ;-)

Please forgive me for not being around much lately. I got a full time job in addition to my Virtual Assistance work and housework… I’m still trying to figure out how to get everything done in a day ;-)

Rosie's Whimsy May 10, 2008 at 4:24 pm

Oh they are beautiful…..nice photos!

:-) Rosie

annbb May 10, 2008 at 11:01 pm

Every time I pick a favorite FLOWER, I change my choice….you’re lucky that you’ve found one and stuck with it!

Wayfaring Wanderer June 24, 2008 at 1:58 pm

My bf calls them “Be nice to me again” flowers! haha

Sharon September 16, 2008 at 1:02 pm

saw these in the supermarket and loved them. I would like to use them as a centerpiece for a bridal rehearsal dinner. So, can these flowers be floated in a flower bowl with candles?

Kacey September 16, 2008 at 1:06 pm

I’m not sure, Sharon. They are a weird flower. They last forever in a vase, but the petals fall off easily. I’d say buy a bouquet and try it out.

Sharon October 2, 2008 at 9:05 am

another question – would these flowers be fine to put on top of a cake as part of my cake decorations? Not sure if these are on the poisonious flower list.

Kacey October 2, 2008 at 11:15 am

Wow, have not idea if these are poisonous or not. Pretty yes? Poisonous? No idea. They sure would look pretty on top of a cake though, wouldn’t they?