The Decision is Made

by Kay~Kacey on 5/16/2008

decisions
Yes, the decision is finally made.

ride 'em cowboy
I’m going to The Impish One’s high school graduation tonight.

playing with chalk

I mean he’s my baby. How could I not go? (see how he was a little imp, even at a young age?)

beats me
But here is the impossibly cute Geeky One. While I’m still not pleased about missing The Geeky One’s College Graduation across the state, I figured the choice of just staying in bed with the blankets up over my head was not an option.

eyes

I mean, who can resists this face?? I’m just so sorry I have to miss his college graduation!! People (colleges and high schools) should REALLY be required to consult me before setting graduation times. Especially those with the tendency to pick the exact same time, in two different cities!! The jerks.

But you know what I really can’t figure out??

sleeping babies

How in the world did they get from this….

all grown up

To this?? In just a moment’s time.

Do NOT put me in this choosing between two sons again. Ever. :mad2:

Being the mature person I am :roll: , I’m going to go to the high school graduation, take pics for SuperGuy to see, then go home and have a drink… :beer: Though, honestly, at times today the option to stay in bed with those covers up has seemed tempting. :wink: I sent SuperGuy over to The Geeky One’s graduation. I’m hoping the Photography One will get some good pics of the college graduation for me.

Beckynsc May 16, 2008 at 6:03 am

Girl, I feel for ya. I would be tempted to go into the head of graduation ceremonies person’s office and have a thing or two to say about consulting the mother of the graduation party!
I also understand the moment thing. I am too young to be a grandma!

Mental P Mama May 16, 2008 at 6:30 am

Oh I feel your heart being pulled in two directions. And this moment’s time thing? Why? In my opinion, it is the worst part of motherhood.

Suzanne May 16, 2008 at 7:20 am

Awww. Well, for what it’s worth, I think you made the right choice. College — older, more on their own. You gotta go to the high school graduation.

Shimmy Mom May 16, 2008 at 7:37 am

I think you made the right choice. I hope that you get lots of great pics. Tell them both congratulations!

Treasia May 16, 2008 at 8:47 am

I can feel your pain in having to make this decision. Enjoy the graduation and try not to cry to terribly much.

Christine May 16, 2008 at 10:33 am

To be honest, I would have picked the HS graduation as well. But man, it would have been a tough decision! :crazy2:

Kacey May 16, 2008 at 11:14 am

I always make my bed. Always. It’s still unmade today…’cause it’s still calling my name to crawl back into it and pull up the covers :sad:

Amy May 16, 2008 at 11:24 am

Peace and good thoughts to you today, Kacey! In spite of the dilemma, have joy in the fact that you’ve raised two seemingly terrific young men. They DO grow up quickly, and I don’t envy your dilemma.

Flea May 16, 2008 at 10:09 pm

What a brutal decision to have to make. I’m going to have to keep my Maybelline home a year after high school so this doesn’t happen with her and Little Guy. Or encourage her to switch majors as a junior and stay longer.

Connie May 16, 2008 at 10:43 pm

I think you made a good decision. The most difficult choice I had to choose between was my boys at 2 little league games on different fields. I know, ther’es no comparison. Now the other good decision – going home and having a drink. You deserve it.

Kate May 16, 2008 at 10:56 pm

I know this was difficult for you. Hope you have a wonderful time with your son and enjoy the stories and photographs when the others return home. Congratulations to both your boys, Kacey!

Tara May 17, 2008 at 6:50 am

Oooh, tough spot to be in–what could you do?? How do they grow so quickly is beyond me!