I Can’t Believe I Missed It

by Kay~Kacey on 5/17/2008

So, the big day was finally here. I watched The Impish One get ready for graduation. He’s so adorable.

adjusting graduation cap

There is something so dynamic about high school graduations. The kids are just so charged with energy. So excited about moving on to a new stage of life. So glad to be done with the constrictions of high school.

pointing

As a total aside, notice how my boys are always pointing at something in pictures? What’s up with that??

So I get home to a voicemail from SuperGuy. “Did you know The Geeky One graduated Magna Cum Laude?”

Not. A. Clue.

Being the mature person that I am, I burst into tears. I canNOT believe I missed his graduation. You know, the one where he graduated magna cum laude in Engineering, for pete’s sake. :biteme: How could I not have known this?? I am SO proud of him! But, you know, I missed seeing it… :wallbash:

[insert nice cell phone pic of The Geeky One in his cap and gown that he PROMISED to send to me yesterday. Yeah. Not.]

edited: to change magnum to magna ’cause I was so tired when I wrote this post I typoed magnum for magna. And because, well, I guess I just always associate magnum with guys, you know? :mrgreen:

Amy May 17, 2008 at 7:48 am

Oh, Kacey … magna cum laude? I ache with you for your not being there. My older son graduated cum laude from college, and I so regret not being there (but I take comfort in the fact that HE chose not to walk in the ceremony, so I can’t blame myself). You had a real dilemma with this situation. It looks like the weather was lovely, and you raised some fine men. Be proud!

Mental P Mama May 17, 2008 at 8:20 am

Oh dear…but at least you got to go to the “pensive one’s” big event. Congrats to the proud mama on every front! Magna Cum Laude :beer:

Beckynsc May 17, 2008 at 9:19 am

I still think you made the right decision! You were at all the other HS graduations, couldn’t miss this one.
Congratulations to your boys!

Christine May 17, 2008 at 9:28 am

Yea… I too think you made the right decision. Wow! Magna Cum Laude? Congrats to your son!! :grin:

Suzanne May 17, 2008 at 9:36 am

Congrats to both the graduates! And mom!

Kacey May 17, 2008 at 10:00 am

Thanks for the congrats. Still can’t believe I missed it…

Can’t believe I typoed magnum for magna… :mad2: LOL, well, yes I can. Magnum is such a male word, isn’t it??

Tori Lennox May 17, 2008 at 10:29 am

Magna cum laude is awesome!!!

Shimmy Mom May 17, 2008 at 11:11 am

Wow, what an accomplishment. Congratulations to him! So sorry you had to miss it. I’m sure that he understands.

Tracey May 17, 2008 at 7:37 pm

I think it was the right decision too. Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, I am so tired reading this that I didn’t even notice the typo until you mentioned it! :coffee:

Amy Addison May 18, 2008 at 1:21 pm

Magna Cum Laude? Oh, I’m so sorry you missed it. But you did make the right decision to see The Impish One graduate, IMO

And the typo: Um, probably the champagne, I’m guessing.

Congrats to both the boys for graduating! Proud Mommy Moment for you.

Elizabeth May 18, 2008 at 10:37 pm

Congratulations Geeky One! And Impish One too! A big day for the whole family.

Country Girl May 19, 2008 at 2:16 pm

Oh my Gosh, Kacey! Congratulations to him and to his proud parents. Such an accomplishment! Good photos, too.

annbb May 19, 2008 at 2:59 pm

Congratulations on all your wonderful news. And don’t beat yourself up too much – promise??