Rewarding Bad Behavior

by Kay~Kacey on 5/18/2008

Nothing like rewarding bad behavior. So, as you know, I’ve been a real baby this week. Whining on and on about missing The Geeky One’s graduation. So what does SuperGuy do? He rewards my behavior. :lol: Good thing his parenting skills are better than his husbanding skills, or I’d be spoiled rotten :wink:

gradient black and white

I love this guy. :love: Today, on the very first day of the Canon Spring Rebates, we’re going out to buy me a new camera. A Canon 40D. Really, call me spoiled now, I can take it.

black and white lab color conversion

I love him doubly much. :wink:

So, I think it has something to do with the fact he never gets to use the camera, it’s always in my hands, but whatever. I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth. You know? Besides, we like to do stuff together, and it will be fun to go on photo shoots with SuperGuy. I think he’s jealous of the photo shoots that The Photography One and I go on. Anyway, I’m a happy woman, and I’m considering being a whiny baby more often :rofl: Be back tomorrow with pics from my new camera!! Yay!

In the mean time, which black and white conversion do you like better? (you knew I’d have a reason for posting the same picture twice, didn’t you??) The first one is called the gradient method, the second one is the lab color method. Though I think both are a tad dark. Problem with using my very bright iMac to convert to black and white.

Mental P Mama May 18, 2008 at 5:52 am

Yay!! A new toy!!! I like the second one better…my old eyeballs are having a hard time seeing dark things early in the morning. Have fun…I have a little camera envy. :beer:

mary May 18, 2008 at 7:50 am

Congrats on the new camera — you go, girl! I like the second one better — slightly less dark.

See, “the squeaky wheel blah, blah, blah…”
xoxo,
Mary

Beckynsc May 18, 2008 at 9:07 am

Congrats on the new camera for you. And on getting a camera for him.
I like the lab color method, not as dark.
Can’t wait for tomorrows pics!

Tori Lennox May 18, 2008 at 10:23 am

I like the second one better, too. Less dark. And I am so envious over your new camera!!!

Suzanne May 18, 2008 at 11:46 am

I guess I’m the odd one out. I like the first one better. It’s more interesting because it has more contrast.

Kacey May 18, 2008 at 11:51 am

I need to work on another method. I like the contrasty look in the first one, but it’s too dark. And I don’t like the pinhole catchlight in his eyes from the flash. So I ordered a flash diffuser…hoping to conquer flash one of these days…

Christine May 18, 2008 at 11:55 am

I like the 2nd better. I hadn’t tried b/w conversion using those methods. I like using the channel mixer. I usually get good results. :)

What’s this about spring rebates??? Do tell. :secret: I need a reason to push DH over the edge on getting me a DSLR. :lol:

Amy Addison May 18, 2008 at 1:18 pm

I like the first one better.

Yay on the new camera!!! A new iMac and a new camera? Exactly how bad have you been?

Misty Dawn May 18, 2008 at 2:02 pm

I am totally NOT too big of a person to admit that I’m VERY jealous ;) Seriously though – I can’t wait to see photos from your new camera.

Treasia May 18, 2008 at 2:52 pm

Congrats on your new camera. Whining sometimes works around here too, especially if it is also used with a pouty quivering chin and batty eyelashes. :rofl:

Tracey May 18, 2008 at 4:32 pm

Congrats on the new camera! So exciting, isn’t it? I like #2 better. The mid tones are brighter.

Country Girl May 19, 2008 at 2:17 pm

Awesome!! A new camera!! How lucky you are!

I can’t tell which one I like better because they’re both coming up really dark on my screen at school. Sorry.