In Need of a New Bed

by Kay~Kacey on 5/20/2008

So, we’re in need of a new bed. Well, not the bed, but the mattress and box springs. Wow, those suckers are expensive, aren’t they?

new bed

It needs to be a queen size, of course, because I have the softest sheets in the world in queen size. In this lovely lavender color. Well, and SuperGuy made me this headboard. Which I love and adore. :love: I love it when he makes things for me.

headboard detail

Isn’t the detail on the corners cool?? I love it when he does the router detailing on the furniture he makes.

Anyway, back to the new mattress. SuperGuy’s brother-in-law has a sleep number bed. Loves it. We went and looked at them. Just can’t decide. Any of you have one of those? (Isn’t blogging interesting? Where else can you discuss your bed with a bunch of people you’ve never met in person…)

As an aside, anyone using Internet Explorer 7 to access my site and having problems? Windows XP and IE7? I have a friend who can’t get to my blog, and that’s what she has.

Beckynsc May 20, 2008 at 6:04 am

My mother-in-law has a Sleep Number. Loves it!
I have Windows XP, no problems so far.
What’s up with the bow on the bed post?
Have a great day, Kasey!

Kacey May 20, 2008 at 6:34 am

SuperGuy put the bow on the bed when he gave the headboard to me as a present. It’s been there ever since. yeah, I guess I should take it down, but it makes me smile.

Blogarita May 20, 2008 at 7:11 am

We have a Sleep Number bed. We’re taking it camping with us this weekend :lol: OK, we’re not, but we’d like to.

But there actually have been times when we’ve talked ourselves out of a weekend trip because we’d have to sleep on a non-Sleep Number bed. We recommended it to my best friend and her hubby, and now they feel the same way about it.

Blogarita May 20, 2008 at 7:13 am

Let me clarify…my best friend and her husband have their own SL bed that they’re crazy about. We kept ours for ourselves. :crazy2:

Suzanne May 20, 2008 at 8:01 am

I love that headboard! That is so pretty! I need SuperGuy to come make some stuff for me….

Treasia May 20, 2008 at 9:56 am

No help with a sleep number bed as our’s is the pillow top and we love it. Super Guy made you a beautiful headboard. Very nice and I think I would keep the bow. You know, you could have a “bow moment” and might need it.

Country Girl May 20, 2008 at 10:44 am

I have Windows XP at home and was using Explorer 7, but also have Firefox now. I’m not having any trouble with your site.

But I’m still having trouble with the Belkin wireless router, and can’t leave comments on many of the sites I visit. I’m planning on getting a Lynksys N this week and hopefully that will take care of the problem.

Not that I know what I’m talking about. Because I really don’t.

Pat - An Arkansas Stamper May 20, 2008 at 11:00 am

I’m actually a bit relieved to learn that someone else is having troubles with IE7 and XP. Since I am computer-challenged, I assumed I was doing something wrong or my computer was about to crash, neither of which are helpful thoughts.
Two of my four children have Sleep Number beds and love them! #3 child is saving her shekles for a king size Sleep Number.

Amy May 20, 2008 at 11:24 am

A lot of my pals love the Temperpedic beds, but they are pricey.

I bought two mattress sets at The Original Mattress Factory last year. They’re handcrafted on site, and the company emails you reminders about flipping and rotating. Plus, they’re affordable.

Then, again, a great night’s sleep is priceless!

Good luck!

Amy Addison May 20, 2008 at 11:26 am

My sister has a sleep-number. She loves it.

We just bought a new mattress. A pillow top. I’m not lovin’ in, but Husband is. He sleeps like a teenager.

Whatever kind of mattress you get, make sure it fits up snug against the beautfiul headboard so you can avoid The Mattress Gap, where your pillow will slide and make your neck hurt.

Christine May 20, 2008 at 12:03 pm

And when Super Guy is done at Suzanne’s, he needs to come here! I need a headboard for my bed, too!

Yours is so nice!

Tori Lennox May 20, 2008 at 12:21 pm

I’ve been leaning toward a memory foam mattress (or a topper for the mattress I already have). I’m looking for the least expensive option. But now I’m thinking a Sleep Number might be the way to go.

And if SuperGuy ever wants to give up his day job, he can go into furniture making! :)

Tracey May 20, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Love, love, love the headboard! You think Super Guy can make one for me in black?? :rofl: Sorry, can’t help you with the mattress dilemma. We’ve had out since 1995… and as far as the browser is concerned, I’ve never had any problems getting to your site. Good luck with mattress shopping!

annbb May 20, 2008 at 3:26 pm

I LOVE the color of the sheets and the stark white headboard with the color of the walls – perfect!

Love my pillow-top mattress, tho I’ve never tried a sleep #.

Happy deciding..

Elizabeth May 20, 2008 at 3:50 pm

That headboard is gorgeous. Go Superguy!

dlyn May 20, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Love the headboard – he did a great job. I know people who have a sleep number and they are about evenly divided as to whather they like it or not. We have a conventional Sealy Posturepedic – extra firm with a memory foam layer built into the top. Love it – the beds in heaven should be this comfy.

I run XP with IE 7.0 – no issues with your blog.

Beckynsc May 20, 2008 at 9:26 pm

If the bow makes you smile, by all means, leave it!!!
I was just curious.

laura May 21, 2008 at 11:10 am

Wanted to tell you how LOVELY that headboard is! Really beautiful work. And I’d keep the bow there for sure. Thanks for dropping by Dolce Pics! Hope to see you around again!

Rene May 21, 2008 at 5:54 pm

my dh represented a mattress manufacturer in a lawsuit. The guy paid part of his fees in mattresses. I ended picking out the most expensive mattress he made. I had no idea they could cost that much. It is a pillow top and I like it a lot. But to be honest, I could sleep just fine on a layer of cinder blocks.

Misty Dawn May 24, 2008 at 11:47 am

I’m SO sick of never getting a good night’s rest… I’m thinking a sleep # bed, some of those softest sheets in the world, and a beautiful headboard made by your SuperGuy when you come visit me, might just do the trick ;-)

I love your headboard – it is gorgeous.