May I Have Another One Please

by Kay~Kacey on 5/27/2008

I want one of these. Well, to be honest, I have one of these. I want another one. Maybe two more. I love it. :love:

porcelain hand

We found this about a year ago when SuperGuy and I were antiquing. I keep it in my kitchen window sill to put my rings and watch on when I’m cooking messy stuff like meatloaf, or pounding bread dough. We paid about $20 for this. I think it’s adorable.

Now I’d like to find another one to give to my friend. We look every time we go antiquing, but no luck. Similar ones, but none I like as much as this one. Well, I lied. Sorry. We did find this exact same one again. It was $75 !!! Now, as you know if you are an flea market/antique shop shopper, half the fun of it is finding a good deal. $75 was NOT a good deal.

Now you’re asking, why didn’t I show it in my kitchen window? Well, I could lie (again) and say it’s because the lighting is lousy in the kitchen…which it is. But mostly it’s because I don’t want you do see my nasty kitchen window. Oh, what the heck. I’m sure I’ve shown you worse…

kitchen window

See, I have this garden window…but the gas seal in it blew, and it is all fogged over so you can’t see out. Then in the winter it leaks cold air, so we put up a clear plexiglass sheet over it while it’s cold. Um, the plexiglass is splattered here, and I need to have SuperGuy take it down because, well, it’s not cold anymore. Anyway, we called a guy to come replace the window and that has been going on forever. So we’re going to call someone else. I hate not being able to see out my kitchen window!!

So many topics in one post. Hands, windows. You just never know what you’ll get when you come visit my blog, do you? So have you ever seen one of these hands when you’ve gone antiquing? Because I want another one! My friend will love it. I want to give it to her, because she finds me the most awesome presents. We kind of give each other presents for no particular reason, you know? Just because we’ve been friends forever.

Don’t forget the May Photo of the Month…the theme is Motherhood. Read more about it here. Anything that motherhood means to you. Read suggestions at the above link. Most creative shot is going to be a BIG winner. Fame and fortune and all that. :mrgreen: Please use the contact link at the top of my website to send me a link to your photo. I’ll remind you once again in a few days, okay?

Becky May 27, 2008 at 7:59 am

Don’t believe I’ve seen one of those before. Maybe because I wasn’t looking for one. I’ll keep a lookout for ya, we flea market regularly.
Goodluck with the window.

Suzanne May 27, 2008 at 8:23 am

That’s funny that your BlogHer ad is about caulking nagging leaks!

That would drive me nuts, not being able to see out my kitchen window.

annbb/TSannie May 27, 2008 at 8:56 am

Your mission, should you decide to accept, is to find then hand….I’m on it! I’ve never seen a hand like that – but I’ve never been looking for one – SOMEone will find one for you, I just know it :!:

Tracey May 27, 2008 at 9:35 am

Oh, no! I am a window fiend and must be able to see through them! I am sure you will get it remedied soon! The hand is beautiful and I antique a lot. I have never seen one though. Good luck and I will keep my eyes out for you!

Christine May 27, 2008 at 9:47 am

Never seen that hand before… And that window… I’m with Tracey! I love looking out my window. I was in an apartment when we first moved here and there was no window in the kitchen. I was miserable. I refused to cook or do dishes. I must have a kitchen window to look out of…

Melissa Marsh May 27, 2008 at 10:58 am

Beautiful hand. I need one of those to spice up my kitchen window – I just use the top of my microwave to put my rings on when I’m washing dishes.

Mental P Mama May 27, 2008 at 11:09 am

I’m with ya on the window business. It’s a must have! I’ll be looking for a hand as well!

Treasia May 27, 2008 at 11:32 am

I seen many hands similar to this one but nothing exactly the same.

Tori Lennox May 27, 2008 at 1:19 pm

I don’t recall ever seeing a hand like this before at the flea market.

Country Girl May 27, 2008 at 2:37 pm

That’s a pretty cool hand. I like it. And I can’t believe that we both posted pics out our kitchen windows today. Weird . . .

Flea May 27, 2008 at 3:53 pm

Have you done an Ebay search?

Flea May 27, 2008 at 3:55 pm
Kate May 27, 2008 at 5:50 pm

Hey, Kacey. I’m having trouble with the verify code on your contact button. I’m going to switch to Firefox and see if it helps. Otherwise, I’ll have to send my submission another way.

Kate May 27, 2008 at 6:00 pm

It’s still not working. I’d e-mail you, but I don’t have your address. Know what? I’ll just try from school tomorrow. See how it works there.

WillThink4Wine May 27, 2008 at 6:38 pm

Gotta ‘hand’ it to you, that’s a foggy window alright! I couldn’t stand it. I’m a bit claustrophobic and must be able to see out.

I’m not a yard sale/flea market type so I can’t offer you any hope that I’d ever fin it. Are there any markings on the bottom that you can Google?

Rene May 28, 2008 at 8:46 am

Oh, that is sweet. I’d probably use one…if I could actually get my rings off my hands. It is very hit and miss.

Umm….antiquing…I’m just trying to picture my hubby going out antiquing…I think he’d rather chew glass.