Unidentified Purple Flower

by Kay~Kacey on 6/1/2008

I went out and grabbed some photos when the rain finally stopped. Okay, aren’t these pretty?

unidentified purple flower

But what ARE they? SuperGuy planted them and is nowhere around now to tell me what they are. Sometimes he sticks the little white plastic thingie in the ground behind the plant so I can figure out what they are. No luck this time. I do remember he said they were a perennial. Any idea what they are?

He planted them this past weekend and “asked my opinion” on where he should plant them. :rofl: Like he listened to any suggestion I made?? Are they in the backyard in my zen garden where I suggested they’d look nice? Well, no, they aren’t. Good thing I didn’t REALLY care. But don’t tell SuperGuy! Why does he bother to ask my opinion if he’s going to ignore it anyway? I ALWAYS listen to his opinion on things :roll: well, sometimes. Well, I’m sure I listened to his opinion at least once. I’m sure of it…

Anyone know what these flowers are? And wouldn’t they have looked nice back in my zen garden?? Such a nice color!

Beckynsc June 1, 2008 at 8:26 am

I wish I could tell you what it is. I have no idea.
But I think it definitely should be in YOUR zen garden!

Mental P Mama June 1, 2008 at 8:45 am

I love it! Looks familiar, but I don’t know…is it Gayfeather, or some type of perennial salvia? I think it should have been put in the Zen Garde, too. Men! :wallbash:

annbb June 1, 2008 at 11:41 am

You gotta let us know what it is when you find out!

It does look so familiar.

Tori Lennox June 1, 2008 at 4:09 pm

No clue what they are, but they certainly are pretty! One of my favorite colors. :smile:

And, yes, they’d have looked lovely in your Zen garden.

Tracey June 1, 2008 at 5:34 pm

Can’t help with the id, but can say I think it would look FABULOUS in your Zen garden! :lol:

Shimmy Mom June 1, 2008 at 6:30 pm

I don’t know what they are either , but I have some in my new yard. If you find out what they are let me know, because I just love them.

Katharina June 1, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Look up Veronica spicata and see if they look like your flowers. That came to my mind as soon as I saw them.

dlyn June 2, 2008 at 7:08 pm

I am pretty sure they are veronica – also called speedwell. Probably “Sunny Border Blue” which is probably the most commonly sold blue. Deadhead them when the spikes die back and they will rebloom for you.