Road Trip

by Kay~Kacey on 6/5/2008

Road Trip Part One:

So we loaded up the 3 boys and headed out on the road. Care to join us on our road trip?

First off, we rented a minivan for the trip so my 6 foot plus “boys” could “fit” in the car. Well, they didn’t have the Dodge Caravan that we requested and gave us a piece of junk Chevy Uplander. Don’t get me started on the no cupholders, no arm rests so you felt like you were sliding out of the seats, etc. Oh, and with only 300 miles on it, the air vents in the ceilings were falling off. Anyway…we piled into this vehicle and headed out at 4am. :shock:

sleeping in car

The first part of the trip was VERY quiet…

ipod in car

Do you think he’s hearing much of that ipod music?? :mrgreen:

But about seven hours :roll: into the trip the natives begin to wake up.

son driving car

We have a rule in our family that as soon as The Photography One wakes up…he gets to drive. Let’s just say it makes for a more peaceful trip than him thinking of other ways to keep amused. :wink:

reading in the car

The Geeky One took some time in his newly graduated, don’t-have-to-study-anymore life to read a book.

photography out the window

SuperGuy, finally glad to have his own camera, busied himself taking photos out the window. But the weird thing about SuperGuy having his own camera? There are actually pictures of ME on this trip.

photography book

Here I am reading Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. Can’t get enough of that how to improve my photography stuff.

But what is with the chin wrinkles?? Yuck.

cute reading glasses

Notice the cute reading glasses. Look TWO pictures of me so far on this trip. That’s two more than there usually is. I’m just saying.

So where were we headed on this road trip?

texas state line

Texas…

But WHY were we headed to Texas? Stayed tuned…more tomorrow…

Mental P Mama June 5, 2008 at 5:17 am

Kacey! You are so very cute in your speckled reading spectacles! Safe travels–can’t wait to go along for this internet ride! :typing:

Beckynsc June 5, 2008 at 6:45 am

Yeah, a virtual road trip!
And with the family!
Are we there yet!

Amy June 5, 2008 at 6:52 am

Did you get those glasses at Steinmart? They’re fabu!

I’m going to TX in a few weeks myself, courtesy of Southwest Airlines. It’s a 24-hour drive from where I live, and my soon-to-be-grad loathes long road trips (I love them!).

annbb/TSannie June 5, 2008 at 8:20 am

LOVE your glasses. For all of us with “short arm disease” (ie – when our arms become too short to hold reading material at a distance that we can see the words and read them), it’s good to have unusual glasses. Right now I’m wearing my sky blue glasses that are decorated with sparkly diamonds. So very stylish!

Trade you your chin wrinkles for my double (who am I kidding – triple) chin!

Kate June 5, 2008 at 8:24 am

Cute pics of Kacey!

Awesome glasses.

Lots of love, as all are together.

Interesting post.

Crap of a car. Too bad.

ellen b June 5, 2008 at 8:25 am

Ha! I love the shots of you! The glasses are great. I have to really think about getting myself in some of our vacation photos. It’s easy to just be the photographer. Enjoy Texas and I’ll tune in to see why you drove 300 miles to get there :0)

Kacey June 5, 2008 at 8:48 am

actually, that 300 miles was just the miles on the car when we rented it. We drove 750 ! miles to get to Texas. Quite a road trip.

Christine June 5, 2008 at 9:54 am

Cute glasses!! Funny that hubby is taking photos of you! Since I am always behind the camera, it would be strange to be *in* a photo! LOL

WHere in Texas are ya headed?? We moved from San Antonio. Enjoy the 90+ degree heat! :D

MamáChanga June 5, 2008 at 10:31 am

Oh Kacey, it’s great to put a face to your wonderful blog I’ve been reading for the last few days. You’re so cute, and what wrinkles are you talking about, all I notice is your bright smile, your shining eyes AND those lovely glasses!!

Hope you have a wonderful trip, any road trip that involves more than 2 people is an adventure. My parents are in Corpus Christi visiting my g-ma, they drove over 1700 miles!! The thought crossed our mind to join them, but I don’t think Da’Gorgeouses could handle the trip just yet (who am I kidding, it’s me I’m worried about)—LOL!!

Suzanne June 5, 2008 at 10:55 am

It is soooo flat there. Sometimes I forget.

Shimmy Mom June 5, 2008 at 11:21 am

You are very pretty. That’s the first picture of you I’ve ever seen. Road trips can be such fun. Can’t wait to hear more!

Amy Addison June 5, 2008 at 12:08 pm

Great reading glasses, Kacey! Can’t wait to see why you’re in Texas!

LOL on the first part of the trip being Very Quiet. Our road trips usually start out that way, too. By the end, the two boys are insane with cabin fever.

Tori Lennox June 5, 2008 at 12:20 pm

Love the pictures, Kacey!!! Of course, I already knew what you looked like, but still. :grin:

Jenna June 5, 2008 at 1:17 pm

Have fun on your trip! Be safe and have a blast!

Love the photos! : ]

Melissa Marsh June 5, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Road trip! I haven’t been on one of those in awhile. Darn gas prices…

LOVE the reading glasses. Very stylish!

BearNaked June 5, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Those are not repeat not chin wrinkles.
They are happy lines. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Tracey June 5, 2008 at 4:22 pm

LOVE the book Understanding Exposure! I wish I could read in the car… :crazy2:

Flea June 5, 2008 at 6:22 pm

Look at you in your cute little glasses! And Texas! That’s a place to drive THROUGH, not TO. :) Hope you have fun.

Hot donut! Krispy Kreme sent me an email informing me that there’s a coupon in the mail and that they’d contact the store which LIES!!! Grr.

dlyn June 6, 2008 at 6:36 am

Not only do I have a pair of readers that are very much the same, but I am reading “Understanding Exposure” right now too! Freaky!

Brandon February 27, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Using your pic of the Texas state line sign. Am linking it back to here to give credit.

Hope you don’t mind. If you do, let me know and I’ll remove it.

Please and thank you,