Road Trip-Cowboy Church Version

by Kay~Kacey on 6/9/2008

Well, so…coming out of the canyon the boys wanted to know if we wanted to see a most unusual church…well, heck, I’m sitting in an air conditioned car by then after swallowing a cool beverage of choice…with lime :wink: I’m up for about anything at that point.

So they took us to the Cowboy Church. Honestly, could I make this stuff up??

cowboy church sign

I kind of like their tag line “arena of life”

But I had to drag my just cooled off body out into the blazing sun again to get these pictures. The things I do for you guys. But I knew you’d never believe me without pictures!

ranch like opening

They have an opening drive to it…just like an opening gate to a ranch.

the cowboy church

I give you….The Cowboy Church.

horse figure by cowboy church

Honestly…it comes complete with a horse figure outside on the parking lot. Give up. Your church is SO not as unusual as this one.

Have one more day to share with you. The most fun one ever…tomorrow.

Kacey June 9, 2008 at 6:40 am

Ha, you guys are speechless, aren’t you?? :mrgreen:

Amy June 9, 2008 at 7:01 am

Hey, where two or three are gathered …!

Only in Texas, though. I’m convinced it really is a whole other country (like the tourism slogan says). I’m there in a few weeks, and I hope I see something half as unusual as this. I guess in lieu of shouting “amen,” they say “Ride’m, cowboy,” or perhaps “Yee-hi!”

Beckynsc June 9, 2008 at 7:12 am

I’d like to know what the proper attire would be.
For offering, do they pass around a cowboy hat or saddle bag?
Just curious, how the goings on inside are different than any other church?

Tracey June 9, 2008 at 7:19 am

I am just wondering if the men where chaps the church :love:

Mental P Mama June 9, 2008 at 7:24 am

Only in Texas…lol. Amen. :angel:

Treasia June 9, 2008 at 8:09 am

Now that is unusual. Only in Texas. :rofl:

Tori Lennox June 9, 2008 at 9:03 am

I’m with the others. I wonder what their services are like!

I think I may have google them…. :mrgreen:

Tori Lennox June 9, 2008 at 9:10 am

Wow! I just googled “Cowboy Church” and got 106,000 hits!!! There are more of them around the country!

Shimmy Mom June 9, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Only in Texas. That is way too funny!

Jenna June 9, 2008 at 3:03 pm

There’s actually a “Cow-Boy” church near where I live.. But they don’t have the big sign or painted horse like the one you found!

Suzanne June 9, 2008 at 3:40 pm

They have cowboy churches all over Texas. There was one in the town where we lived when we lived there!

Brenda Kula June 9, 2008 at 4:11 pm

Oh, I love it! I live in Texas, and there’s pretty much either a bank or a church, or both, on literally every corner! (What does that say…) You’re right. I can’t beat that one, even in Texas. Now I’ve got to check where you’re from!’ Surely not in Texas!
Brenda

annbb/TSannie June 9, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Another reason why I won’t be visiting Texas any time soon.

Amy Addison June 9, 2008 at 8:07 pm

OMG, that is too, too funny.

There really is something for everyone in Texas.

Flea June 9, 2008 at 9:08 pm

Yes, they win, hands down. My church is a mall, but no horse statues. And I think it should be a mandatory statute for all churches that all men have to wear chaps. Great idea, Tracey!

BearNaked June 9, 2008 at 9:24 pm

Love it.
More more more please.
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Cheryl St.John June 9, 2008 at 9:41 pm

What I’m wondering is WHY there are so many HANDICAP parking places????

colleen June 9, 2008 at 11:01 pm

They worship horses? I would totally have to go in and investigate that one.

Christine June 13, 2008 at 11:38 am

Hey, Kacey, where is this?
My hubby went to a Cowboy Church near… Bandera, I think. Is this around there? He LOVED it. I wanted to go after he told me but then we moved up north. For us, going to a cowboy church would be right up our alley being from Texas and all.

(catching up on my blog reading as you can tell :) )

Kacey June 13, 2008 at 11:42 am

Christine, this was somewhere out of Amarillo. Not sure the exact town though. Between Amarillo and the canyon.

Christine June 13, 2008 at 12:24 pm

Thanks, Kacey! I’ll have to ask hubby if there was a horse statue outside of his cowboy church… :)

Sandra September 5, 2008 at 3:52 pm

Believe it or not, when our son and his family lived in Charlotte, NC, I saw a sign advertising a “Cowboy Church.” Maybe it was a copycat.

Jana November 30, 2008 at 2:55 am

Kacey, I’ve been going to Nashville Cowboy Church for over 14 years now. We meet in the Opryland Hotel area in a theater on Sunday mornings for tourist. We have an 8 piece band, lots of music and wonderful preaching. Our pastor wears cowboy boots and stetson hat. His wife is Johnny Cash’s sister. She also sings every Sunday morning. My husband is the band leader. It is an out reach for people here on vacation. Then we have a small church we meet at called (what else) “The Ranch House” We have had many pastors all over the country come to ours and then go back home and change over. Our band play Country Christian music. Every one loves it.