Stanley Marsh Floating Mesa

by Kay~Kacey on 6/19/2008

Awhile ago I shared with you one of Stanley Marsh’s artistic endeavors. The Cadillac Ranch. At the time I mentioned he also had an “exhibit” called The Floating Mesa.

Well, I remembered when we’d gone to Texas for the Oldest Texas Son’s graduation a few years ago we’d gone to see the Floating Mesa. (sounds like we’re ALWAYS going to graduations, doesn’t it??) Then I remembered I’d taken a picture of it! So after a lot of searching, I found it. The things I do for your entertainment…

Let me let you in on a little secret… :secret: I don’t think this looks like a floating mesa, do you?? I will give it points for creativity though!

floating mesa

Okay, we’ll be the official judges. Leave your comment and vote. Yes this looks like a floating mesa, no this does NOT look like a floating mesa. I think we’d be about the most unbiased judges they could find, don’t you?

WillThink4Wine June 19, 2008 at 5:38 am

No, I have a hard time using the word floating around so much terra firma.

I just want to point out that it’s Thursday, and I’m visiting your blog! hahaha! :rofl:

Beckynsc June 19, 2008 at 7:11 am

Don’t look like a floating mesa to me.

LauraP June 19, 2008 at 7:19 am

Doesn’t look floating in this pic. In the right light with the right sky color in the background — oh yeah, it’d be a floater.

Suzanne June 19, 2008 at 8:28 am

I can’t even imagine what a floating mesa is supposed to look like, LOL.

annbb/TSannie June 19, 2008 at 9:54 am

looks like a s’more sandwich to me – actually it looks like marshmallow fluff.

That would be a no – not seeing a floating mesa at all.

Amy Addison June 19, 2008 at 10:15 am

It kind of looks like our city’s water treatment plant.

I don’t think that was what he was going for, though, huh?

So, I’m going with a NO on the floating mesa. Maybe it’s because the sky is not the right color so the “floating” part is too easy to see?

BearNaked June 19, 2008 at 11:17 am

It doesn’t look like it is floating to me either.

mary June 19, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Ummm, wha? I’m not sure what a floating mesa is supposed to look like, so I don’t think I’m qualified to vote. It kinda’ looks like a giant, flat inner tube. But thanks for taking the time to search for the pic, I think…

Happy weekend!
xoxo,
Mary

Tori Lennox June 19, 2008 at 2:04 pm

I’m not sure what a floating mesa should look like, but I’m thinking this isn’t it…. :grin:

Mental P Mama June 19, 2008 at 2:05 pm

Nope. I don’t see it either.

Jenna June 19, 2008 at 4:33 pm

mm.. doesn’t look much like “floating” to me! : ]

Karen June 19, 2008 at 7:05 pm

Mesa, maybe! Floating, nope!

BTW, what’d you decide for a tag line on your blog cards?

Kate June 19, 2008 at 7:48 pm

A bottle of wine and a and a few peyote buttons, and yeah, I think it could be a floating mesa. Yeah. I can see it now.

Disclaimer: I do not condone the use of drugs.

Guess what? I’M BAAACCCKKK!!! Internet works!
:smile:

Kacey June 19, 2008 at 8:20 pm

okay, so I’m not crazy…no one thinks it looks like a floating mesa. Whatever a floating mesa should look like…

MAYBELLINE June 19, 2008 at 11:22 pm

Looks like a sandwich cookie…maybe chocolate chip with vanilla cream frosting. The only way this could float is if the surrounding area was flooded by milk. :wink:

Shimmy Mom June 20, 2008 at 6:56 am

A floating mesa wouldn’t have been the first thing to come to my mine when I saw it, but I think I understand how he thought that’s what it looked like.

Katheryn November 29, 2008 at 12:02 pm

The Floating Mesa is supposed to be seen early in the morning when the clouds are just right in order to get the effect. Just thought I would clue some people in. Of course it doesn’t look the way it’s supposed to in the picture. It’s the middle of the day!