It’s a Big Bold World Out There

by Kay~Kacey on 6/21/2008

Hi, this is Charlie. I’m in my new home. The backyard has a hill! I’m not so sure about it.

puppy in backyard

Hills are scary when you’re just a puppy. Everything is so new here. There are lots of big dogs around.

puppy finds safety

Luckily I found a big human I recognized. Hills are scary I tell you.

puppy dinner table

I have my own private dining table. Complete with chew toy so I don’t chew on human shoes… Much.

make do gate

The humans thought that these big baskets scooted together would block me from my favorite game… I call it run up the stairs while humans chase me saying “Get back here, Charlie.” I wonder what that means? I guess it means they are having fun. The baskets didn’t work, I could squeeze through them no matter what the humans tried. They bought this thing they call a gate. I don’t like it. They ruined my favorite game of humans chase the puppy.

it's exhausting being a puppy

Finally I decided to have a nap. Or my humans decided to have a nap. I’m not sure which. But it’s exhausting being a puppy!!

sarah bean June 21, 2008 at 5:53 am

awww, charlie is so cute! :love:

Mental P Mama June 21, 2008 at 6:27 am

Bad hoomins! :cursing:

WillThink4Wine June 21, 2008 at 7:20 am

Hi Charlie! Aren’t you the most clever little pup!

Beckynsc June 21, 2008 at 7:41 am

Adorabel post, Kasey!
Adorable puppy, too!
Makes me want a puppy. I don’t need anymore, I already have four dogs.
And the occasional dog I doggiesit for my friends. Gets kinda busy this time of year.

Kacey June 21, 2008 at 8:33 am

She is just about the cutest puppy ever. She’s doing pretty well on the housebreaking too, knock on wood. Or the humans are :mrgreen: I’m hoping my son will have Charlie all housebroken when we come back in two weeks :razz:

annbb June 21, 2008 at 9:03 am

What a sweet girl! She’s so much smaller than I thought.

I used to think it was just for the human’s convenience that puppies and dogs were kept in crates….our Miss Stella takes all her naps in her crate – she LOVES it. The door is always open so she can come and go as she pleases. Most nights she chooses her crate over any of the beds – occupied or not – in her home. No, she is NOT spoiled! Why do you ask??? :lol:

Tori Lennox June 21, 2008 at 10:52 am

She is so cute!!! She looks so big in her solo pictures, but when you see her next to your son she looks so tiny!

BearNaked June 21, 2008 at 12:22 pm

She is adorable.
How big will she get when full grown?

Tracey June 21, 2008 at 5:23 pm

Hug and a Kiss to Charlie. Love her! :love:

Amy Addison June 21, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Hi, Charlie! You should be okay as long as you stay out of the wine….

My dog, Indy, likes the run up the stairs while the humans chase me game, too.

Flea June 23, 2008 at 2:47 am

Oh he’s adorable! If I didn’t already have two big dogs and a lot of hair to vacuum, I’d be tempted to find my own Charlie. :)