When is the last time

by Kay~Kacey on 6/24/2008

When is the last time you took a day off just for yourself? Doing only what you WANTED to do? Nothing you had to do, or should do?

Sunday I took a Kacey Day. Yes, I call them Kacey Days. You can call them Kacey Days if you want to too! :smile:

I read this book on Sunday:

Mary Higgins Clark

Now, I love Mary Higgins Clark books. I’ve read everyone of them. She has a new one out each May. So (and this is terrible of me, but I’ll confess it to you guys. :secret: ) I give the new Mary Higgins Clark book to my mom each Mother’s Day because she loves Mary Higgins Clark books too. Then, of course, Mom gives it to me to read when she’s finished with it. Um, that’s kind of like giving MYSELF a present, isn’t it?? :roll:

This book, Where Are You Now, was a good read, but it was one of the few of her books that I figured out who did it before the end of the book. :angry: I hate that.

Now, back to the Kacey Day. When I said I read this book on Sunday…I mean, that is ALL I did. All day. Read this book. Oh, and took a nap. :wink: I did no laundry, paid no bills, cleaned nothing, did no grocery shopping, cooked no meals. It was a total Kacey Day. A great way to recharge.

So when is the last time you took a Kacey Day? A day all to yourself to do just what you wanted to do? If you took a Kacey Day, what did you do with your day?

Suzanne June 24, 2008 at 6:31 am

I can’t remember the last time I took a Kacey Day. I need one….

LauraP June 24, 2008 at 8:23 am

I get mornings or afternoons, but no whole Kacey Days . . . gave those up when I moved to the farm. Sigh.

Blogarita June 24, 2008 at 8:36 am

I’d have to be sick to take a whole Kacey Day. Literally.

But I do get a couple of Kacey Hours most days. :coffee2:

Melissa Marsh June 24, 2008 at 10:12 am

My birthday – I slept in, ate birthday cake for lunch, and took a nap. Watched movies and did absolutely nothing. It was glorious.

Treasia June 24, 2008 at 10:35 am

I can’t remember the last time I had a whole day to myself. I usually always have partial days but not an entire day. Unless I am sick as a dog (like today). Today I am doing nothing but sitting at the computer (if I can keep my head up), laying in bed watching tv, and napping. Nothing more.

Shimmy Mom June 24, 2008 at 11:45 am

With four little kids still at home I don’t think I ever get the WHOLE day off unless I’m incredibly ill and then it doesn’t feel like a day off. BUT my hubby and son went on a scout campout this last Friday and I decided to have a girls only week end with my girls. We had a “Tea Party” with my mother and then we finished reading Anne of Green Gables and then we watched the movie. Staying up until almost midnight to finish the 4 hour movie. So it was only about a half of a day, but it was wonderful!

Tori Lennox June 24, 2008 at 1:03 pm

Oh, I’m gonna get drummed out of here on a rail (to mix my metaphors). Almost every one of my days is a Kacey Day….

Amy Addison June 24, 2008 at 5:30 pm

I took an Amy Day on Saturday…read FEARLESS FOURTEEN and another book. It was nice.

I wish every day was an Amy Day.

Tracey June 24, 2008 at 8:24 pm

Maybe, just maybe, I will take a Kacey day tomorrow! :bath:

MamáChanga June 25, 2008 at 1:02 am

That would have to be just OVER 2 years ago!! :rofl:

Rene June 25, 2008 at 10:06 am

I don’t know that I’ve taken one since I was in high school (when every day is Kacey Day). I’ve actually tried, but I feel guilty when I do it. It is illogical,I know, but it preys upon me just the same.

Kate June 25, 2008 at 11:41 am

When my kids were young, I could never take a day for myself. But now that they’re grown, I just took one on Sunday! The same day as you.

I took some pictures and then spent nearly the entire day editing them. I visited blogs, I even made a carrot salad. I rarely venture into the kitchen unless it’s to clean. So it was a good day.