Favorite Thing About Summer

by Kay~Kacey on 6/25/2008

So what is your favorite thing about summer? I can tell you mine, and it’s just a little thing.

Going barefoot

barefoot in the grass

Nothing better than walking barefoot in the cool grass. I’m just not a shoe person.

watching the birds

I prop my bare feet in the window sill and sit and watch my birds.

nothing like bare feet

There is NOTHING like going barefoot. Nothing. Such a little summer luxury that I truly appreciate. (and these photos show me it’s time to do my nails again…)

How about you? Are you a barefoot person? What’s your favorite thing about summertime?

Michelle Willingham June 25, 2008 at 5:53 am

I go barefoot, but my feet are very dry and unattractive. I think I need to get a pedicure soon! :roll:

Blogarita June 25, 2008 at 6:26 am

I’m not a barefoot person. I have nothing against bare feet, and I can manage walking in grass, but hard surfaces are really uncomfortable for me. Even carpeted floors in the house. So I wear shoes most of my waking hours.

If I could put extra padding on the bottoms of my feet, I’d go barefoot a lot.

Gabrielle June 25, 2008 at 6:26 am

Going barefoot, changing my toenail polish once a week, wearing toe rings, sleeping with the windows wide open, the scent of jasmine, salads actually tasting RIGHT, the sun on my back, people smiling…can’t beat it.

Mental P Mama June 25, 2008 at 7:12 am

Flip flop girl here. And I think you have a week or so left in that pedi… :lol:

Beckynsc June 25, 2008 at 8:30 am

Definitely, barefoot. And the fact that I don’t have to wear all those clothes to stay warm.

Missy June 25, 2008 at 8:34 am

Love, love, LOVE going barefoot. Or in flip-flops if I have to. I cannot wait for BlogHer and summer weather. Living in ugg boots (Australian winter over here) is driving me nuts.

Firefly Hill June 25, 2008 at 8:43 am

Hi Kacey,

Thanks for visiting! I am definately a barefoot girl! If I must wear shoes, I usually go for flip flops!

annie

becky June 25, 2008 at 9:22 am

I am both a barefoot girl and a Mary Higgins Clark girl! :grin:

annbb/TSannie June 25, 2008 at 9:39 am

More of a flip-flopper than a barefoot girl, tho as a kid, we had this huge marsh meadow in the middle of our neighborhood and our favorite thing to do was to go barefoot in it after it rained. Mud squishing between the toes was a definite childhood delight. Now, not so much I’d think.

Amy June 25, 2008 at 9:48 am

The fewer clothes, the better! I loathe wearing layers of clothing in winter, so I wear as little as possible in summer.

Rene June 25, 2008 at 10:30 am

I like going barefoot although it is too darn hot most of the time. Even the grass gets hot.

I like the colors of summer. The roses go insane, the fruit ripens. The trees get a deep green. I like the attitude of summer. Its more relaxed. That and I don’t have nearly the same number of commitments.

Shimmy Mom June 25, 2008 at 10:38 am

Amen! I love to go barefoot! When I was a kid my mom couldn’t keep shoes on me. And while I’ve learned the importance of wearing shoes in certain situations, I still go with out shoes when ever possible.

Tori Lennox June 25, 2008 at 11:00 am

I used to love going barefoot. Now I have to wear these stupid shoes with the orthotics. *sigh* But at least I can still wear shorts which is my other favorite thing about summer.

Kate June 25, 2008 at 11:44 am

My favorite thing about summer is the fact that I don’t have to work all day. When I took the job here at the school, I negotiated for summer hours, 8-1. I can work til 4 if I want, and then take comp time on a Friday or a Monday for a long weekend.

Karen June 25, 2008 at 12:28 pm

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I’m enjoying looking around on yours. I am so NOT a barefoot person-I hate stepping on stones!
But I do think I need a Kacey day-soon!

BearNaked June 25, 2008 at 12:33 pm

In the house I am usually 50/50 between bare feet or slippers.
Never keep shoes on at all in the house.
Outside I am always barefoot in the summer.

Tracey June 25, 2008 at 12:39 pm

I am sooooo a barefoot person. I believe they call me a hillbilly around in these parts. And OMG, I just took foot pictures today too! I just read this article and started a new project!

Bri June 25, 2008 at 1:09 pm

I am a BIG fan of bare feet, mine or anyone else’s! ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog, I checked out your photo, so hopefully I’ll recognize you at BlogHer, or even the airport, although I’ve never flown by myself, so I’ll probably be a nervous wreck on the way there. ;) The laptop bag I found at the walmart on Hanley, I was just looking for a sleeve thing and there it was in the stationary section! The sandals are from Forever 21. See you at BlogHer!

Chris June 25, 2008 at 1:25 pm

Thanks so much for visiting ! Blog hopping is so much fun isn’t it?

I am also a barefoot girl. Until it gets just too cold, about November, I never wear shoe/sandals inside and it’s usually flip flops outside.

I’m going to enjoy browsing around your blog now…
Chris

TLC June 25, 2008 at 2:48 pm

I love going barefoot. I also love wearing my Birks, next best thing. I never wear socks, because my feet have to be free, man!

Thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving the kind comment. I am excited about blogher! (if a little nervous) I hope you are going to the Thurs night party, would love to meet you! (That sounds so High School Yearbook: “you are sweet and nice, stay sweet and nice!”) (geez, do you think I could use any more parentheses in this comment?) :mrgreen:

T.

Jenna June 25, 2008 at 3:22 pm

Nothing feels better than going barefoot — that is if you have soft grass to walk on! :smile:

My yard isn’t the best for going barefoot – but whenever I have a chance to kick my shoes off, best believe I do! :wink:

WillThink4Wine June 25, 2008 at 6:45 pm

You have some time on that pedicure, Kacey. No need to jump up and put shoes on just yet! :smile:

I hate shoes. I’m not using that word lighly – HATE shoes. I only wear shoes when it’s really seriously cold. Thankfully, here in the deep south, we don’t get a lot of seriously cold. Therefore, my feet always look dried up and icky. Ask me if I care.

mary June 25, 2008 at 8:55 pm

I used to love going barefoot as a kid; I haven’t done it in forever! What do I love about summer? sunshine, rain, flowers, birdsong, watermelon, fireflies… :)
xoxo,
Mary

Amy June 26, 2008 at 4:49 pm

My favorite thing about summer? NO RAIN. I can go outside, ANYTIME I WANT TO. Only get wet on purpose. Do not have to wear 40# of clothing. It’s wonderful.

Ryan S November 6, 2008 at 11:47 am

My favorite part of summer? Going barefoot!

Greg April 23, 2009 at 7:48 pm

Hi Kacy,
What nice feet you have by the way!..Yes, going barefoot is my favorite thing too. I am a true barefoot boy. Go without them as much and whenever I can……..Happy barefootin’……………………………Greg

Rush June 18, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I’m definitely a barefoot person, especially outside. Leaving your feet bare allows you to enjoy the warm weather and the experience of the outdoors.

Shane September 28, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I wear only a swimsuit when I work in the yard and I walk around in my bare feet every chance I get. Nothing feels better than bare feet outside.