I’m into Clouds these days

by Kay~Kacey on 6/27/2008

I find myself taking copious amounts of photos of clouds these days. Look! A fluffy white one! Look! A dark almost green one! Look!

So, of course I’ve been hopping around looking at different SkyWatch Friday posts around the blogosphere. It’s hosted by Tom Wigley, who has some gorgeous photography on his blog.

I thought I’d share one of my recent cloud shots with you. Right before a storm hit.

thick storm clouds Can’t you just feel how heavy they are? How heavy the air is?

Some of my all time favorite cloud photos are here. Though I didn’t much like the driving through all the storms on this road trip!

How about you? Are you a cloud watcher? Do you find yourself grabbing your camera and capturing the perfect sky? Or throwing yourself down in the cool grass and watching the clouds make pictures just for your enjoyment? Remember this strange cloud that we tried to figure out what it was?

If not clouds, is there something else you’re fascinated with photographing these days?

Tara June 27, 2008 at 2:12 am

Seeing all the skies from all over the world gives us a commonality–we are all under the same umbrella!

Mental P Mama June 27, 2008 at 6:42 am

I love those clouds. Makes me want to curl up with my dog and a book! :book:

Nature Remains June 27, 2008 at 6:50 am

I watch clouds, too.
There’s always something beautiful and changing.
Yours are lovely!

Nina at Nature Remains

jennifer June 27, 2008 at 7:11 am

I have often been told that I have my head in the clouds so maybe you will get a pic of me up there sometime.

Great photo – You can feel the heaviness of it.

Jen

Klaus June 27, 2008 at 7:42 am

Impressive sky with wonderful patterns! Good one!
Cheers, Klaus

Fozen Moments June 27, 2008 at 7:53 am

I am fascinated with clouds too.
Liked your shot very much.

Donald Kinney June 27, 2008 at 8:03 am

That’s a really stunning photo — very dramatic…
An excellent shot for Sky Watch Friday.

Best regards, Don

Treasia June 27, 2008 at 8:12 am

I have been an avid cloud watcher for years. Lately I find myself taking lots of pics of them on beautiful days as well as stormy ones. Cloud watching is my time to daydream.

Julie June 27, 2008 at 8:42 am

Wow this looks as though someone has bounced a kid’s rubber ball into cotton wool. A most spectacular effect. Good shot!

knoxville girl June 27, 2008 at 8:56 am

What a great shot. I’ve been a cloud watcher all my life. It was a problem in school – always daydreaming, looking out the window. Now that I’m old, it’s a feature – creativity unleashed! :wink:

Quinttarantino June 27, 2008 at 9:16 am

I’m back …
Oh no, cried blog world … he’s back!

But guess what, I’m glad I decided to make a comeback.
If I didnĀ“t rejoin SWF I would never have the chance to see this great photo!

By the way, I like your blogs name but I prefer my wine on the glass :)

annbb/TSannie June 27, 2008 at 9:42 am

Anyone who knows me well knows I’m OBSESSED with clouds. And while our clouds in Connecticut are wonderful, there really is nothing more gorgeous than the clouds in my Missouri skies.

Your SWF photo is spectacular, Kacey!

Amy June 27, 2008 at 10:18 am

Looking up at those clouds is like being snuggled under a down comforter with a book….all warm and cozy.

Lynellen June 27, 2008 at 11:12 am

I love clouds too! And regularly post them on my blog too. :beer: Clouds are SOOOOOO interesting! :mrgreen:

Tom June 27, 2008 at 11:58 am

Welcome to Sky Watch……. another Sky Watcher in the ranks..

Just to let you know I have visited and seen your post. I thank you for joining in this week and being part of the Sky Watch community.
Tom :O)

Petunia June 27, 2008 at 12:30 pm

A very nice clouds shot! looks like there is rain or a storm comming up??

Petunia’s SWF

dlyn June 27, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Love this – they look so wooly and soft. I get lots of cloud shots this time of year too. We get a lot of passing storms in the summer and they make for very nice cloud photos. In addition, I am into lotso flowers these days – we have tons of them everywhere of course, so they are easy to capture.

Tori Lennox June 27, 2008 at 1:07 pm

I love watching clouds. I don’t usually take pictures of them, though. I should give that a whirl sometime!

Shimmy Mom June 27, 2008 at 1:42 pm

I love watching the sky and taking pictures of all the different shapes and colors there in. Great shots!

mary June 27, 2008 at 5:05 pm

Oh my goodness, those are some beautiful sky shots! I am obsessed with flowers, and light at the moment, but I do love to take cloud shots, so maybe I’ll have to try to get some for next Friday…

You are so lucky, you have gone to some beautiful places and seen some wonderful skies!

Enjoy your weekend!
xoxo,
Mary

Michael Ivy June 27, 2008 at 5:27 pm

:mrgreen: Lovely SWF post!

Missy Sue June 27, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Thanks so much for visiting…..you should join the mirror therapy group at flickr, it should be lots of fun!!!

Rose June 27, 2008 at 6:43 pm

I love cloud photos, also. Really enjoyed this picture.

A woman who is June 27, 2008 at 7:58 pm

Those clouds are full of so many layers upon layers, makes me think of what the heavenliness might be like.

Pat - An Arkansas Stamper June 27, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Beautiful and unusual clouds. Nice Sky Watch.

ann June 27, 2008 at 10:23 pm

I like cloud photos… I took photos of some of the mouths around our place… the second post!

Christy June 28, 2008 at 12:51 am

Very nice pic. Reminds me of snow clouds but it is to soon for that or at least I don’t want to think about that quite yet.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comment I always appreciate feedback.

pinaymommy June 28, 2008 at 6:00 am

thanks for visiting my entry. it was nice of you. it really made me feel very welcome.

sure is the clouds look very heavy! pretty scary if we see it here.

sky watching with you,

pinaymommy

John June 28, 2008 at 7:11 am

Great capture for sky watch!
Have a nice weekend. :lol:

Kate June 28, 2008 at 10:16 am

I was looking at some of the entries in this week’s Skywatch over at Wigger’s World, too. I love this picture, Kacey! It’s just brimming with moisture.